Contact your company!

luxum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not sure where to find a lot number, but do have the bag right here, if you tell me where to look! Thanks!
I'm at work and don't have the bag with me, but i think it was on the back of the bag towards the bottom.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wmarcello

Unfortunately if it comes to that, I think that would completely wipe out every choice I would have for a dry food for our cats. Hopefully our Felidae is still ok with its brown rice.
I am *so* thankful that mine are on Evo dry. No grains, and hopefully I managed to miss the rice by having switched them in the last two months...

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luxum

I'm at work and don't have the bag with me, but i think it was on the back of the bag towards the bottom.
Hmmm. I see their web address, exp date: dec 18 07 16:05
and all the way at the bottom there is a bar code
7 51485 82384 3

and on the sides there are colorful balls with various numbers

luxum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think the exp date is the lot number, they just stamp it for a fixed time from the date of manufacture, a year to a year and half generally.

luxum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, my suspect bags of California Natural Chicken and Brown Rice have an expiration date of Feb. 26 08 21:55

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

OK, my suspect bags of California Natural Chicken and Brown Rice have an expiration date of Feb. 26 08 21:55
Thanks for posting!
I dont know when I will rebuy dry food, as I am switching to all wet diet, but I will watch out for that date.

I know I bought putrid bags of Chicken Soup before, it smelled sour and spoiled. So hopefully your bags of California Natural were just spoiled and they didn't change any ingredients.

luxum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know I bought putrid bags of Chicken Soup before, it smelled sour and spoiled. So hopefully your bags of California Natural were just spoiled and they didn't change any ingredients.
I have had what must have been a rancid bag of food from Felidae previously ( i don't have a lot number for that one), and now this issue with 2 different (but same lot number) bags of Cal Nat Chick&Rice. I fed Chicken Soup dry with no issues until one of my cats developed an allergy to something in it, and i had to discontinue it (i think i used 2 bags and part of another during this timeframe). I think it's sort of sad that i am hoping that the problem is actually with my local pet store not storing their products properly versus the alternative explanation. I live in Tampa, FL - it is very hot humid here, i'm hoping my problems stem from a storage area that isn't air conditioned or something like that, but i am certainly suspicious that the real problem is a supply issue.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have had what must have been a rancid bag of food from Felidae previously ( i don't have a lot number for that one), and now this issue with 2 different (but same lot number) bags of Cal Nat Chick&Rice. I fed Chicken Soup dry with no issues until one of my cats developed an allergy to something in it, and i had to discontinue it (i think i used 2 bags and part of another during this timeframe). I think it's sort of sad that i am hoping that the problem is actually with my local pet store not storing their products properly versus the alternative explanation. I live in Tampa, FL - it is very hot humid here, i'm hoping my problems stem from a storage area that isn't air conditioned or something like that, but i am certainly suspicious that the real problem is a supply issue.
I have heard from other members here that the Felidae dry spoils easily...it is good food otherwise, though.

luxum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have heard from other members here that the Felidae dry spoils easily...it is good food otherwise, though.
I beleive it - and my cats did like the sample i tried on them. In fact i think kibble from that sample was the first food that Rajah tried on her own as she 'woke up' from the anorexia. Then i got a whole bag of it to feed to them and neither of them would touch it. And i noticed it smelled funny, very "grainy" which didn't make a lot of sense. Later i smelled the same smell in a jar of sesame seeds that had gone bad (i had a jar that wasn't bad to compare with) and realized that the Felidae was probably rancid. I had given what was left in that bag to my boss' wife, a huge cat fan! The next time i saw her i asked her about that bag and advised her not feed from it, because i thought it was rancid. She hadn't started feeding it yet, so all was well.

Felidae is definitely in consideration for one of the dry foods (Rajah will accept only dry kibble) that i'm going to challenge Raj with if i can ever complete the food trial stage with her.