Consumer Paid-For Nutro Testing Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

It's wonderful that you and some others believe in this fellow, but until I see some information from a recognized testing lab, I won't be giving him any of my hard-earned money.
This Itchmo site - is it really all that reliable? I have to admit I do not know much about it.

Honestly, as in everything, there are reliable pet food companies and then the others.

I also agree with Darlii - if that many cats were dying, I'm pretty sure someone, even a group as bad as Peta, would have made it public.
Agreed with the cat s dying ... though many more likely did from the 2007 recall but cannot be proven ... I love proof , in this case the company caught it though not prior to the food hitting the market ... I hope with the testing places taking in samples( some do not charge ) that AFFCO and USDA can get some maximums to go with their minimums..
Itchmo is a group of pet parents who are like us in wanting the best for their pets , many lost animals in 2007 from the recalled foods so they are very interested in Preventing another recall like that and want more oversight and accountability

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Itchmo is a group of pet parents who are like us in wanting the best for their pets , many lost animals in 2007 from the recalled foods so they are very interested in Preventing another recall like that and want more oversight and accountability
Thanks Jennifer. The only thing I worry about is the fact that it is made up of "regular" pet parents that may not be as educated as they would have you believe, i.e., they read "this" here, and "that" there and believe it word-for-word and then there are those who are looking for some kind of "proof" in order to sue the big companies who have all that money and why shouldn't I have some.

It takes serious proof for me to believe everything I see or hear, especially when the people/organizations are asking for my money.

I mean, seriously, Bijou has cost us $1,000 just in the last year and this new operation is going to be a minimum of $500 and if they need anaesthesia then over $600. This isn't something easy to afford but I'm not out there asking for money. I'm very wary of charities as well, I used to give to MADD until I found out that very little of the money actually went to the charity - the major portion of donations goes to "administration". I believe in the principal but not in the way the charity is run.

ETA: I'm going to close this thread as there really isn't anything new being added. The information pro and con is here for anyone to see and then make up their own mind whether this is credible or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.