Constipation

Sama97

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Does anyone know if its safe to inject little bit of olive oil thru my cats rectum with a syringe to stimulate poop? Or is it ok to use infant glycerol suppositories? Vet meds not working well😅

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Does anyone know if its safe to inject little bit of olive oil thru my cats rectum with a syringe to stimulate poop? Or is it ok to use infant glycerol suppositories? Vet meds not working well😅
How old is your cat?
How long has your cat been constipated?
When was kitty seen by the vet and what meds did they put him/her on?
How long has kitty been on the meds

I would not recommend doing any of those ideas without consulting your vet.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I agree with the above questions and comment. If the vet says OK, a SLIVER of an infant suppository might be acceptable.

Additionally, has your cat been checked for a partial obstruction? What kind of stools are they producing, if any? And, if not, when was the last time your cat pooped? Is your cat on any meds that might tend to cause constipation?

Have you ever considered Miralax? That is, of course, after you consult with the vet. Most folks will start with 1/8 tsp mixed in a bit of water, and then added to food.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sama97

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boy is 11 yrs old
He has a hard time with passing stool for awhile, every few months he gets these bad constipations.
He usually strains when trying to pass stool, his last visit to the vet was a week ago dr gave him an orni injection thru his rectum that helped him pass all the stool and prescribed laxapet and digyton. He was doing fine and passing stool until yesterday started to strain again and passed stool but it wasnt that much

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy is 11 yrs old
He has a hard time with passing stool for awhile, every few months he gets these bad constipations.
He usually strains when trying to pass stool, his last visit to the vet was a week ago dr gave him an orni injection thru his rectum that helped him pass all the stool and prescribed laxapet and digyton. He was doing fine and passing stool until yesterday started to strain again and passed stool but it wasnt that much
I would contact the vet and see what they recommend

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Miralax 1/4 tsp mixed in some Delectable Lickables, a cat treat. encourage water and a sliver of a human suppository could be used too. Consult your vet about any use of these. They have enemas, suppositories, and supplements on Amazon too!