Constipation?

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat has had anasthetic recently and dental cleaning + antibiotics + long acting steroids.
We had to add a painkiller on Saturday, Loxicom.
He is much better, so I think I will drop loxicom...

I have noticed that he has been (perhaps) constipated since Sunday ..

He has only restarted normal food for him yesterday.
Mostly ate lick a licks...

I am a bit concerned...
He is on probiotics as well...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. With the lack of eating normally, he probably hasn't produced much stool. Pain meds can also slow down the digestive tract. Try to encourage him to drink more water while you wait to see if eating better and getting off the pain meds turns the situation around for him.

You can always give him 1/8 tsp of Miralax mixed with a bit of water and then added to his food to help things get moving again. If you do, I'd wait 24 hours before considering another dose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi. With the lack of eating normally, he probably hasn't produced much stool. Pain meds can also slow down the digestive tract. Try to encourage him to drink more water while you wait to see if eating better and getting off the pain meds turns the situation around for him.

You can always give him 1/8 tsp of Miralax mixed with a bit of water and then added to his food to help things get moving again. If you do, I'd wait 24 hours before considering another dose.
Thank you 👍