constipation + sore back?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jman_in_mn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks jcat!

@feralvr- might try the diffuser, he's been good this afternoon, I think the pain meds finally made him tired enough to relax and nap some

Marvin's doing great today.  His appetite is back, he's drinking plenty and eating.  He's moving around like he used, well, except for the wound on his bottom.  I can't believe how much better he seems to feel not even 24 hours later, wow!

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow, that must have been a horrible thing to have happen to him.  I can't imagine the pain
.  But at least now he's on the mend.  I'm surprised the pain meds didn't knock him out, but you said that he's starting to mellow out, so they're probably taking effect now.  Poor guy. 

for a quick recovery.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: SO glad to hear Marvin is feeling better :D!!! What a relief ...... Continued vibes for fast healing and a quick recovery :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

jman_in_mn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Marvin returned to the vet today to have his abscess cleaned up and checked out.  They used general anesthesia rather than sedation so they could control his breathing, plus they performed his annual teeth cleaning.  I wasn't to keen on him being put under, but after watching him sedated the other night I agreed with the vet that this method would be easier on him.  Vet tech said he did great today!  Get to pick him up in 1.5 hours :)

Last edited:

jman_in_mn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is the typical way to fasten a bandage to use stitches?  Marvin's got gauze stitched to his open wound, seems uncomfortable because it is taught.  Just wondering if this is normal procedure...

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I've certainly never heard of that, but maybe due to where the bandage is...?  I'd give the Vet a call and ask them about it.   It certainly would be uncomfortable though
"course, the entire ordeal has had to have been MOST uncomfortable!

for a quick healing!

jman_in_mn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've certainly never heard of that, but maybe due to where the bandage is...?  I'd give the Vet a call and ask them about it.   It certainly would be uncomfortable though
"course, the entire ordeal has had to have been MOST uncomfortable!

for a quick healing!

You are correct, the vet confirmed with us tonight that it was due to the location...  He is uncomfortable, but we were allowed to up his meds.  I think he's more tired of going to the vet every day to have the bandage changed.  The wound tonight looked like a divot from a golf course LOL, but apparently the tissue is healing, just going to take awhile.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HI :)... SO glad to hear Marvin is doing a little better and better. AND he has clean teeth :D :clap::clap: I have heard of this type of bandaging for an anal gland abscess. You have a great vet and are in great hand's, for sure. I really think Marvin is a little trooper and handling this quite well. I am sure he is just happy to have some relief and care for his problem. :nod: SOON - he will be back to feeling fantastic :D :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: