Constipated Kitty "Skitchy"

nakajami55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Skitchy is a beautiful predominately black w/white around face American Shorthair born Aug 2010.  I got him when he was around 6 weeks old; even as a baby he was very chy and stand offish.  He had a beautifully marked most white with black marking around face who sadly passed away of renal
renal failure. Skitchy is experiencing some constipation; any ideas for home remedies?  The picture above is his new sis, "Sissy" born 2015 who I got as a new baby sis to take his mind off the loss of his brother "Booger" who died last year.  Sissy is a little halion, tortiose shell, beautiful ball of fire.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Home remedies and treatments are discouraged from being given on TCS. Has your cat been seen by a vet? The constipation should be checked out first and removed by the vet if it's pretty bad. If the vet determnes the constipation is mild, he or she may prescribe a medicine or recommend something like pumpkin to add fiber to the diet or an OTC laxative with the correct cat dosage. What do you feed your cat? A dry food only diet can cause constipation in some cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nakajami55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's actually feeling better.  He's a little overweight and over 6 years old. The problem is that he is spoiled.  And if he gets want he wants "treats" he is ok, otherwise, he wines.  I am trying to ween him off cat treats. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nakajami55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Skitch died about 3 weeks ago, I really don't  know what was wrong with him, other than most Vet;s are in it more for the money than a "genuine" care for the pet.  In other words if some Vets realize they can make more money off keeping an animal alive thus milking your wallet and letting the poor pet anguish and suffer   longer.  I  just woke up and looked into his little eyes when he could make up on my lap;                
I realized he did not want to suffer anymore.