Constipated and will not eat

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had them not want to eat, yet will eat when I hold the dish for them, like they're eating just to please me. But your kitty (what is his name?) acts like he's hungry, so that's different. How is your kitty's pooping? Is he still constipated or is it still small, hard, and dark colored? Maybe that's why he's reluctant to eat even though he's hungry. Does haemobartonella cause constipation or is that a separate issue? Have you tried relocating his food dish? Or you could try elevating the dish, put it on a book or something. He's so young you wouldn't think arthritis would be an issue, though.

Pretty sure you are right @Denice about them sometimes being able to carry haemobartonella around with them awhile without obvious effect. It is a parasite that multiplies, so I wonder if it could be a cumulative response?  Who knows? Just glad you caught it early and got him on some meds.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is still constipated, that can cause appetite problems. The waste backs up and fills up the colon so they don't feel hungry. Same thing happens to people--sometimes when people get an enema, they're ready to eat right after.