Constant Meowing

furryfella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also owned a cat that liked to meow. He did not stop when he got older and nothing we did to stop this annoying habit worked. There was nothing wrong, he just meowed all the time. The only way to get your needed rest in the morning is to keep Kitkat in a separate room overnight. Some cats just have a lot to say!

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could you spray that rug with some Bitter Apple to get her to leave it alone?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
or double side tape? won't be quite as unsightly as foil all over the place
and yes, I would guarantee you she's figured out not to sratch in front of you, cats are very smart (and sneaky!) as far as meowing, I'll let you borrow my Jinx for a day, boy is she a screamer! I can sleep right through it though
I have great cat ignoring talents

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have some rolls of plastic at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. that is thin and goes on the floor- one side is kinda sticky, I think- like movers and construction people put down so they don't mess up the carpet? Maybe that would be enough to discourage her and break the habit- my couch has clear packing tape on the front of one arm- Stopped mine!
The feliway may be making her feel relaxed and happy, and so she is stretching and scratching by it- like catnip to get a cat interested in a scratching post. Just a thought!