Constant Meowing

jenntigercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since I got Saffire she has been waking up at four am and will meow constantly until I get up.  Since I have had to keep her and my male pumpkin separate because she is still attacking him I can't just throw her out of my room.  I have tried giving her food and that will work for maybe half an hour then she is right back to meowing again.  I am tempted to ask the vet for kitty valium but would really prefer to keep her off of drugs in general. Is there anything I can do to get her to sleep throughout the night. I play with her and have even started to clicker train her in hopes of curbing her aggression with pumpkin. She is getting Spirit Essences bully remedy but I haven't seen much change in the aggression and she has been on that little over a week.  Any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Jenn

jonesy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You could try a feliway diffuser in your room, see if that keeps her quiet through the night. Cats tend to get up eairly though, just how they are.. My cat Mikey wakes me up around 5 to 5:30 am every morning wanting his breakfast. If you have your cat close in your room, with the doors closed so she cant get out, thats why shes meowing.. Cats dont like closed doors. 

The feliway diffuser could help with your cats aggression towards your other cat too if you wanted to add some to the rooms they frequent most. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenntigercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have tried it and it has no effect on her. I would love to let her be loose but she attacks Pumpkin and I don't want to wake up one morning and find him hurt.  Though I guess I could put him in the bedroom at night with me and her out in the main room.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How long ago did you get Saffire? How old is she? Are both of them neutered/spayed? Did you introduce them properly?  If you answer these, it will give us a better idea on how to solve your problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenntigercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i adopted her a little over 2 months ago. she is seven years old and spayed. i know that she has been through multiple homes. she was completely declawed by her previous owners. Pumpkin is 8 and neutered. when i brought her home i immediately put her in the bedroom. There hasnt been much introduction because of her aggression. i have put him in the bedroom and let her be in the main room. I have also been switching out their bedding. I am working on clicker training her I am also trying to get her used to a harness so that I can better control of her.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only thing I can tell you is that they need time to get used to each other.  Try switching the cats in your bedroom, giving each of them a couple of days in and then a couple of days out.

They both sound like they lived rough lives before you got them.  Hopefully, as they stay with you longer, they will realize that they are safe, well loved and secure.