Constant Crying

moondio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my little guy, Louie, is now roughly a year old

From the get go, he's been quite the cryer. But as soon as I got him to fall asleep, he would stay asleep all night.

Recently, in January, my significant other and I split up. He was the one who would get Louie to stop crying at night.. so needless to say.. it's gotten worse.

I honestly dont understand why he is doing this.

I thought it was because he wanted attention.. so I'd pick him up and bring him into my bed... no effect. He'd either sit with me and cuddle for a little bit, or jump off my bed straight away and start crying again.

I thought it was because he wanted food. I'd fill his bowl.. he'd be entertained for about 2 minutes.. then he's at it again..

Water? nope.. Litter box? nope..

A coworker thinks it's because he's howling to get lady kitties attention.. but this doesnt sound quite the same as i have experianced before.

He doesnt have worms.. no urinary infections..

I'm completely at a loss...

I am soon going to get an appointment to get him fixed.. and hope it helps...

(I have to get this fixed asap since I'm starting a job where it's very important that I get enough sleep and he does this during the night mostly)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moondio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going to take him to a low cost spay place very soon.. any tips on getting him to hush up until then?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree it's probably because he's entire, better get him fixed soon or he'll start to spray.

You mention cuddles, food, water & litter - how about play? He could also be very bored.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to be neutered. That is what is going to make him "shut up". Intact male cats don't get "horny" exactly, but they are biologically driven to mate.

If there are unspayed females outside withing a mile radius he can probably smell them and it is driving him insane. Please don't put this off, get him neutered now.

He is likely to begin spraying at any time, and then you will really be having a problem, because once they start, it's difficult to break the habit even after neutering.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moondio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am getting him spayed asap. Sadly there is quite the waiting line for the low cost shelters nearby.