Considering not neutering my male Siamese cat

little lucifer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why? I'd like to make some money.

I basically want to bring him to a breeder, have him bang one out, collect my money and leave. Is this possible?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Is he a purebred siamese registered with one of the recognized cat associations? If not, it's highly unlikely that you will find a breeder who is willing to let your boy come anywhere near their queens. Aside from unknown health or genetic issues, the breeder would not be able to register the kittens as purebred. Siamese is a very old breed with a strict Breed Standard that does not allow outcrossing.

If you're looking for support for your money-making idea, you won't find it here. TCS is a pro spay & neuter site. Most of the responses will be advising you to have your cat neutered.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised that a reputable breeder didn't make you sign a contract about neutering.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides everything mentioned above. . .

Most breeders don't use males who are not from their lines. Those that do will want testing done on him (they aren't going to risk him giving FeLV to their female!), and that will cost more than you can make in stud fees. And stud fees are minimal, at best, unless he's a show champion. Keeping a stud cat is simply not a profitable venture. Definitely not worth the howling and spraying an unneutered tomcat will engage in. Save your furnishings and your sanity and have him neutered ;).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

little lucifer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Darn. :( I'll have him neutered, just figured this was worth a shot.

He is a traditional apple-head Siamese. I'm not sure if the breeder made my dad sign anything, he's the one who got him. 

Thanks for the replies.