Conjunctivitis???????

sam12

Sam
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! So I have 14 year old fixed Molly who has just moved to a new home. She's been here for about 3 day and she is a INCREADiBLY nervous cat but she has adapted fairly well and will even go exploring when its quiet (something that didn't happen until week 2 of my last house) But today I noticed that on her right eye, green ooze was coming from it.
She doesn't seem distressed and it was a minor amount and I cleaned it with warm salty water and haven't seen any more puss since.
If this reoccurs is their any antibiotics I should give her? I'm willing to take her to the vet its just that I'm taking my kitten for his vaccinations next week and Molly is only covered for accidental insurance because she's so old and I'm quiet poor so if I could get some advice on what to do if it reoccurs it would be greatly appreciated :) Also could this be cause by the stress of moving, or is it something in the environment.
I haven't changed her wet food (1/4 whiskers morning and night) but I have changed her dry from whiskers to friskers (available all day for grazing)
Could this affect my kitten?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m sorry to hear this is happening.

Please don’t give her any antibiotics unless prescribed by a veterinarian. They can have dangerous side effects.

One potential cause of conjunctivitis in cats is ocular herpes. A herpes flare-up can be caused by stress. Ocular (eye) Herpes In Cats

Here’s an article that discusses ways to make veterinary care more affordable: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

Please keep us updated. I hope Molly starts doing better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sam12

Sam
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou abyeb!
It's been about 3 hours and there is a bit more pus so I cleaned it again with warm salty water again :( I'm australian so I'm going to see in I can get approved by vetpay so I can take her to the vet incase it gets worse over the next couple of days :(