Confusing condition

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I read your first post in this thread, I knew you were a great cat mom!!!

I'm glad to hear that you are getting to the bottom of this. Internal organ problems often give them enough discomfort, so it looks like a back or muscle problem.

Keep us posted please! Sending vibes your way in the mean time.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the kitty. I hope it's something that can be easily corrected.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lovemypets81

Cause i know my kitty and i know when hes not feeling good.
We know our kitties better than anyone.
If our gut is telling us something is wrong we have to fight to get answers.
Better safe than sorry.

Sending more vibes that your vet solves this puzzle asap.
Sweetie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemypets81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right on XO. Thanks for all the healing vibes! They will call in the morning to let me know how he is and whats going on. Hopefully its just kidney stones and that can be treated. ill let yall know when he is home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemypets81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello again. well sweetie has been home for awhile now. They tested his piddle and determined that its crystals. So he came home with antibiotic,some other drug to help break up the crystals and special food. They gave us Royal Canin SO pouches and dry. For now he is to be on the wet food only for two weeks plus his meds,then he goes back in for an xray. Then if it looks good,we can start him on wet and dry. I also think i figured out what caused this problem. Well we took back the Proplan to the petstore,went looking at the other foods. In comparing the analysis of them all,we realized that proplan (including the uti formula so called) the protein was 40%!! No wonder this happened! All the other dry cat foods is only at 28-32%. My poor kitty has to pay price of bad food. Ugh. Thanks again for everyones help on here,I appreciate it immensly.

Oh yah,the vet said we caught this problem in time before it got any worse or turned into stones. So yay!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad that your vet was able to find the cause of Sweetie's distress.
There are members here who have a lot of experience with this disease.
I am sure that they will offer their encouragement and support as you go forward with his treatment.

I will be watching for your updates.