Condiments!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends on what I am eating. My refrigerator is a hugh condiment warehouse. Not too much ketchup-but I make my own in addition to storebought (mine is better!!) Horseradish mustand, pickle relsih, onions, saurkraut. Mayo (not miracle whip) on lots of stuff as well as ranch dressing.
HP sauce (an english sauce) is good too.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ranch
Oooooh the things I could dip in Ranch...

Really depends on what I'm eating- I love all condiments except hot sauce (although I like spicy). But Ranch...

eagleeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's hard to pick a favorite, because I like different condiments on different foods. But I'd say hot sauce and BBQ sauce are my everyday favorites for most of what I eat. Chipotle Tabasco, Cholula, Bufalo Chipotle and Picante are good. Sweet Baby Ray's makes a good (but sweet) BBQ.

Ketchup and brown mustard are good, too. I always have soy on hand for raw and steamed veggies.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love ketchup! I like barbeque sauce and salsa too and I enjoy soy sauce on my chinese food. I cannot stand mayonaise though.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never had mayo.

Love plain old 49-cent yellow mustard, and Ketchup.

My new fav is a new flavor of hummos that is garlic and chive and I'm not sure if that's a condiment or not, but on a cheese-and-lettuce samich it's delish! Usually I find hummos (store-bought anyway, my aunt's homemade is a different story!) to be kinda grainy but this one rocks!

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

To be honest Tzaziki! or Joghurt sauce.

WE also have Curry Ketchup here, that is really nice with certain meats and hot chips. I dont know why ive just been craving it lately,
Curry ketchup! I love curry ketchup. I make it at home, just get some normal ketchup and mix in some curry powder. It's good on basically everything.

Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Never had mayo.

Love plain old 49-cent yellow mustard, and Ketchup.

My new fav is a new flavor of hummos that is garlic and chive and I'm not sure if that's a condiment or not, but on a cheese-and-lettuce samich it's delish! Usually I find hummos (store-bought anyway, my aunt's homemade is a different story!) to be kinda grainy but this one rocks!
I eat tons of hummus too! I like it on smoked turkey + green pepper + cucumber sandwiches. It's also good just on crackers.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

What is Tzazik and Joghurt???? That sounds yummy!!! Wonder if we have that in the states?
I dont think I spelled Tzaziki the english way, but anyway its got heaps of garlic and usually its a dip, but here they pour it over the turkish kababs.

THe yoghurt sauce is actually salad dressing

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put Ranch on everything--burgers, fries, hot dogs, sandwiches...I love it!

Mix a little ranch with BBQ sauce and I am all over it!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love miracle whip. I'm not so big on real mayo, the way it jiggles kind of grosses me out. I also eat "light mayonnaise type dressing" aka light mayo from Subway. It's not actual mayo. I hate mustard. I used to put mustard on hot dogs but not anymore. Ketchup goes on hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages etc. Mayo or miracle whip on fries.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fave is probably hot Indian pickle....I would eat it by itself but your mouth starts to go numb after awhile...Its traditionally eaten alongside curries and it can be a mixture of pickled garlic, chilis, limes, anything!
Looks weird, but is awesome!

I only like dijon while BF likes that bright cheap yellow mustard and we rarely eat ketchup. Only mayo here and NEVER miracle whip (too much sugar).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I dont think I spelled Tzaziki the english way, but anyway its got heaps of garlic and usually its a dip, but here they pour it over the turkish kababs.

THe yoghurt sauce is actually salad dressing
Thanks for explaining that! We use garlic sauce here in the states to dip stuff in too!
Usually pizza comes with garlic sauce to dip it in
It's yummy!!!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thanks for explaining that! We use garlic sauce here in the states to dip stuff in too!
Usually pizza comes with garlic sauce to dip it in
It's yummy!!!
What she is referring to is spelled "Tzatziki" here...It's a turkish condiment and is one of the main ingredients in a donair or a falafel..It has yogurt, garlic, cucumbers, olive oil, onion and usually mint or dill...It's awesome and easy to make!!!!!! Or you can get it here at the grocery store usually too...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

What she is referring to is spelled "Tzatziki" here...It's a turkish condiment and is one of the main ingredients in a donair or a falafel..It has yogurt, garlic, cucumbers, olive oil, onion and usually mint or dill...It's awesome and easy to make!!!!!! Or you can get it here at the grocery store usually too...
THanks for explaining that!
I absolutely hate dill, it makes the food yuck i only buy tzatziki with out DILL! eww

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

wow...definitely not the plain garlic sauce i was thinking of
...that sure does sound interesting though! thanks for explaining that

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put other, not because I just like weird things, but I liked all of the above. I put either ketchup or mayo on my fries, Mustard or mayo on my sandwiches, Soy sauce on my chinese, Teraki I put on Chicken. I also use Ranch, Sweet and sour, BBQ, hot sauce, it just depends on what I'm eating at the time. I even mix the condiments. Hot sauce and mayo is awesome, so is ketchup and mayo. I also like Tarter and shrimp sauce on my fries on occassion. (mixed together)
Yes, I'm strange I know. Now I'm hungry. I'll be back later!

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I almost forgot. There's these two chutneys served with Indian food (especially pakoras). There's a green one that's mint chutney, and a sweet dark brown one (tamarind? raspberry?). I put those two on like everything when I go eat at an Indian restaurant.