Concert for Diana

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it. It looked like a lot of fun! What a great idea the Princes came up with. I'm sure Diana would have loved it.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have loved to see this. Didn't see it in my listings.

I loved Diana, without really knowing her, of course. I was 16 and very impressionable when she married. I remember calling in sick to work so I could watch the wedding. I was never one of those people who followed the gossip about her, but thinking of her death or hearing Candle in the Wind makes me cry every single time.

I suppose people felt that way about Jackie O in the generation before mine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I would have loved to see this. Didn't see it in my listings.

I loved Diana, without really knowing her, of course. I was 16 and very impressionable when she married. I remember calling in sick to work so I could watch the wedding. I was never one of those people who followed the gossip about her, but thinking of her death or hearing Candle in the Wind makes me cry every single time.

I suppose people felt that way about Jackie O in the generation before mine.
Shame you missed it. It was very moving.

She married Charles on my birthday when I was a nipper so I kind of always really liked them. Silly reason, I know

Ooh! I just had a check. It was my 7th birthday. I rememder getting a wedding mug and coin.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see it now. NBC at 8 pm for an hour. What rip-off. Will be good to see anyway. I haven't cried enough today so this should take care of it

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I see it now. NBC at 8 pm for an hour. What rip-off. Will be good to see anyway. I haven't cried enough today so this should take care of it

Too bad it's just the highlights from the concert...maybe it will be on again.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember everything about Diana, from the day she wed, to the day she died. I remember watching the wedding during the full day here in the states, and thinking that she was only my age and about to wed one of the most recognized person in the world. I named my very first new car after her (Lady Di), it was the car I got once I found out I had passed my nursing boards and became an RN. I remember exactly what I was doing on the night of her tragic death, and the strong emotional loss that was felt by the world.

I am glad that her sons have had a tribute for her. I didn't get to watch it.

I never agreed with everything that she did, but I do think that she did many great things for the world to recognize.

Happy Birthday Diana. (Lady Di)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Missed the concert highlights but did watch the interview with William and Harry the previous hour.

Gawd, I wish I was 25 years younger!
Both are looking quite handsome and I think Harry has turned out better looking, IMO.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Missed the concert highlights but did watch the interview with William and Harry the previous hour.

Gawd, I wish I was 25 years younger!
Both are looking quite handsome and I think Harry has turned out better looking, IMO.
I saw that also, and I used to thing that William looked just like his mother, but now with age, I think that Harry looks more like her.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
It was on pay tv this morning, finished about 12 hours ago, so i'm assuming that was live or slightly delayed. And it's on free to air atm but they've put it to 2.5 hours, it was 6 hours live. Duran Duran just finished

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
God my father is a right royal pr*t. I come down the hall to tell mum the concerts on and she says shes not watching it. Dad: Who cares? she's dead

It's times like that i want to apply a cast iron pot to the back of his head. He is also someone who doesn't understand why people visit graves because they are just bodies.

Have i mentioned its not him i get my personality and English heritage from?

He reminisces just as much as anyone about the friends he's buried and he always sounds sad..he's so two faced. Princess Diana was a great woman, and i think there is nothing better than having a celebration of her life. Even bands/singers who never met her and weren't around 10 years ago were singing for her, for free!

I don't understand him *sighs*

Quick...i need a chocolate drip in my arm to help me stay calm