Concerned

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chana, I wish I could offer you advise.

Stick with what the vet said and wait a few hours. I read that kittens can arrive every 15min or wait up to as much as four hours between births.
Don't panic, Jada did a great job and you did a super job as coach!!

This is only my opinion hopefully someone with tons more experience will
be by to catch your question.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cookandcompany

Congratulations!!
Any news on the placenta? I would put a sterile glove on, And insert a finger & see if you can feel a kitten or placenta. Also this technique is called feathering & will help to make contractions stronger, since the babies moving while in the birth canal also makes them stronger.(contractions) That is why dead kittens take a bit longer to be born or they will often get stuck. Let us know, Waiting impatiently...lol
Unless this is something you've done before or know about (which you say you don't), then I would suggest you NOT do this. It's good that you talked to the vet's office.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jada with her little mini Jada. Lovin' this picture and wanted to share!

princeegrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momof3Cats&Kids

Jada with her little mini Jada. Lovin' this picture and wanted to share!
Were is it... j/k found it.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We havent had a reply in awhile so I figured she is at the vet
I hope they are ok. Fingers crossed everything is ok and all is sound to sleep.

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I still never saw a placenta come out. The vet said it's not an emergency and to bring her tomorrow. I'll let you all know tomorrow what they say. They said she could even still have more over night???
She's been done it seems since 1:00 this afternoon. Is it really possible she could have more?

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My neighbor who I adopted Jazz from just told me this evening that her cat's first litter took 24 hours! She had 4 right away and then 2 more the next day. I guess we'll see.
Jada and babies are super tonight. She's eaten twice already (I handfed her once) and the babies are sucking away! Wow, she's so patient with them too. I couldn't lay there like that while 4 kids climbed all over me! LOL

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took this picture the first time Jada got out of the box to eat. I'm starting to notice that the 2 little red/white tabbies are different shades. Is the one on the left more of a cream or yellow tabby? You can really see how tiny they are in this picture.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see their claws... don't they retract till the kittens are older?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks to me like the one on the left is a buff or dilute red. And the blue is a dilute black, so dad must've had at least one dilute gene as it is recessive.

Is that kitten on the right just ONE kitten? He's HUGE! LOL.

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, they are all very long and skinny looking! They look so funny!

I took Jada to the vet this morning. They had me leave her there and are calling me in a couple of hours after they've examed and monitored her. Wow, it was hard walking out of there without her and the kittens. She was still having contractions this morning and one of her sides was still buldged out today when she stood up. I'm wondering if there is another kitten in there or is she's just still swollen. I'm impatiently waiting for the clinic to call with the news.