Concerned?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you considered hypnotherapy? Or any other alternative medicines?

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

AAAHHH! You're kidding! I have been battling dry patches of skin on my face a lot lately! I hope I don't get eczema! Or is it that you have eczema first then athsma?
Originally Posted by Sar

What she means is that they are in the same family! It's pretty hereditary too. i.e. My Mum has eczema and I inherited it, yet my sister got both asthma and eczema.

The dry patches may just be from the winter weather and central heating!

Menagerie Mama, My DF just went to the dermatologist for some kind of rash on his legs. The doctor kept asking if he had asthma or hayfever because they are related to eczema. He said no, but he finally remembered that his brother has asthma. Like Sarah said, its just in the same family and doesn't mean that you will get eczema. Didn't mean to worry you!

As far as the dry patches, have you switched your moisturizer lately? Last year I bought "active rehydrating Oil of Olay" rather than the regular Oil of Olay. I had dry patches like I had been sunburned. This time of year my skin and fingernails get dry anyway. You might be in the same boat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Have you considered hypnotherapy? Or any other alternative medicines?
whats that?
She said i need to start excerisizing there is a Gym around the corner so i will have a look tomorrow how much they are ect.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

whats that?
She said i need to start excerisizing there is a Gym around the corner so i will have a look tomorrow how much they are ect.
Hypnotherapy is the use of hypnosis. My aunt is a registered hypnotherapist in Canada and she helps alot of people with their stress issues. Other options may include accupuncture or accupressure. A good massage is also helpful.

If you can't afford a gym, see if a friend will go walking with yu everyday - also try to increase your Vitamin D - people often have increased depression due to a lack of vitamin D in the winter (natural source of it is the sun). You can get it in pill format.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Fwan, it sure doesn't seem that she gave you much info. What about your fingernails?
She thinks its because i chew on them for too long? But thats not her main concern at the moment because i went for other things today and they seem more serious.

I will post more when i really know what i have.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Hypnotherapy is the use of hypnosis. My aunt is a registered hypnotherapist in Canada and she helps alot of people with their stress issues. Other options may include accupuncture or accupressure. A good massage is also helpful.

If you can't afford a gym, see if a friend will go walking with yu everyday - also try to increase your Vitamin D - people often have increased depression due to a lack of vitamin D in the winter (natural source of it is the sun). You can get it in pill format.
I dont have anyone that lives near me.
I have a friend who would like to start dancing with me though.

Yesterday it was such a warm day and the Sun was out. I sat infront of the sun as long as i could and it felt soo good