Concerned ? Incision question

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I have a question my cat was spayed two weeks ago . Now she’s almost all the healed but I was wondering . Something I’ve attached a few pics of her belly . You should noticed some orange or red tint is that bruising ? And is that normal cause she’s basically healed up maybe another day or so . It will be fully healed and her appetite or find , she eats and drinks and uses her litter box and sleeps a lot . Since I’m too scared to play with her cause I’m worried she might get to excited and over do it and hurt herself .

but anyhow please let me know something I am not a vet but would love to be one . One day lol but was wondering should i be concerned ? Or alarmed ? I even called med vet urgent care and told me just to keep an eye on it .

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you very much i was just worry and concern for her . I even search for incision pics also and it seems each cat is different . Also was wondering something ? It’s about the internal stitches ? If she plays or jumps can that pull on them ? Just wondering

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
You could double check with your vet regarding internal stitches and whether you need to continue to watch her regarding jumping and hard play.

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well that’s what I’m going to do Monday morning I’m going to buy her a onies in the morning that way I can take that darn cone off lol . Also I read the post and thank you very much for that . I just wish someone would of gave me that link before lol also got a question even though your not a vet lol I ask the spay clinic about putting like a gauze or bandage over that incision while it healed . And they told me no cause it would trap bacterial . Which is something I don’t even get cause every surgery I’ve gotten they always bandage me up lol I know I’m a human and she’s a cat . Idk just curious what your thought would be cause another reason why . I decided to ask that also was they told me they sell surgical suites for cats and even told me I could put a onesies on her . Which kinda left me confused cause that’s going to cover the incision either way you look at it ? Just like a Al bandage or gauze would ? If I’m correct

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
You're correct that a onsie will cover it, although not as tightly. A bandage stops oxygen from reaching the incision and that can be an issue also, along with bacterial issues.

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh didn’t even know that lol it seems like I’ve learned something new again lol also when can I remove her cone . Cause her inicison is almost all the way healed now expect for one or two Tiny spots along the incision . Also one other thing my cat seems clingy . Idk why but tbh she has always been a shoulder cat since she was 6 weeks old . So for the past almost
3 weeks I haven’t let her climb on my shoulder lol until the other day when I was cleaning her incision . Now it’s like once she gets up there she doesn’t wanna leave lol

And it been constant since the other day . And notice that whatever room I’m in she will pick that one to sleep in as long as I’m in that room . Idk why but I was told once when she was a kitten that she has imprinted on me . So will her attachment and clingyness get worse with her age or will she become less and less attach as she age ? Just wondering and she constantly now will come up to me and like head butt my hand . Til I pet her head and itch her eyes and rub them lol is that because of her spay now ?
Thanks again

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi - sorry I'm late to reply, we had to shovel snow this morning :) 💨❄

I think that as the next month or so goes along, you'll find that she relaxes a little bit. However, I believe this sweet baby will always look for scritches, petting, snuggling and shoulder rides.

I love that Mr Captain wants our company and lap time as much as he does, because although our angel Poppycat liked our company and could be a lapcat when the mood struck him, he was a very reserved gentleman of a cat. This orange goofball, who we've had for a year this month, is just so much fun, so I soak up the joy :vibes::heartshape::sunshine:

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol I wish it would snow here lol also her incision is fully healed now . I talked the vet that did my cats spay . And Al’s if she can have her come off and they said yes that she can be a normal cat again so I’m happy and was told her can now lick her incision area . I’ve notice she has been my calm around people even letting them pet her . But she has been more vocal with me . Will her appitte can or increase ? Now that she’s spay and fully healed now

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
If she hasn't been eating as much as usual, her appetite should come back to normal. If it doesn't, you will want to mention that to your vet.