Concerned about mother cat after giving birth

helppp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth yesterday to only one kitten. She isnt beading a lot but their is a little bit. I dont know if she will be okay but her stomach is kinda hard still and again i dont know if thats normal but someone please help because i need to know if i need to immediately need to rush into the vet. Thankyou.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she eating, drinking, nursing the kitten, using the litter box?

Some spotting is normal.  It's possible that she will give birth to more kittens later today or even in a few days.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter?  

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat gave birth yesterday to only one kitten. She isnt beading a lot but their is a little bit. I dont know if she will be okay but her stomach is kinda hard still and again i dont know if thats normal but someone please help because i need to know if i need to immediately need to rush into the vet. Thankyou.
How is it going?  You wrote this post 9 hours ago.  I presume you wrote it in another forum, and it got moved here.  I was patrolling earlier today, and didnt saw your post.

Ok, its essentially as TalkingPeanut asks.  Good you are observant, and ready to rush to the vet, but often we dont know for sure.   If momma seems OK, happy with her already born kitten, etc, its just to continue to observe, but you can wait and see.  Shorter or longer pauses are common. More or less bloody discharges, and even a hard stomach, too.

But if you notice real problems, for example long active fruitless labor - call your vet, and be ready to rush her in...