Computer Games

arg0

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah the ending was kinda weak, I just sat there and said, "THATS IT?" I hate that... Freelancer did the same thing to me also. But yeah Far Cry, Hands Down, Game of the Year So far... And your right Val did look like a man too a point, but beats having her looking like Pamela Anderson and you know thats been done way too many times.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like computer games and was getting very addicted to them at one time, had to stop altogether to get out of it. But now that I am under control I play now and again.

weatherlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lineage > Everquest :p Everquest == standard boring old treadmill

You people obviously haven't been in Korea very long
And this is from '01: http://www.time.com/time/interactive.../gangs_np.html I like the part about the 14 year old runaway who defrauded Lineage players out of about $10,000 haha.

I've been interested in EQ2 because you can be a cat and stuff. Sooooo cute. But I don't think I'll pay for games any more. I'm also missing out on console games not available for PC (like FFX2) for that reason. Although...if my friend visits sometime, I can steal his PS2 for a while
It's how I played FFX hehe. I just play some War3 nowadays. Earlier I spent more of my time gaming, but I usually did play fewer games than others, because I liked to play a game to death before moving on. I only gave up Tribes when there were no Renegades servers left.

TV and movies rot the brain. You sit there and accept whatever's on the screen. Boring :p My brother and I used to say every kid should get a decent computer, broadband access, and plenty of games, and that would take care of most problems like gangs composed mostly of minors, unwanted teenage pregnancy, drug abuse in younger people, and so on

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arg0

Yeah the ending was kinda weak, I just sat there and said, "THATS IT?" I hate that... Freelancer did the same thing to me also. But yeah Far Cry, Hands Down, Game of the Year So far... And your right Val did look like a man too a point, but beats having her looking like Pamela Anderson and you know thats been done way too many times.
True True. My bro has freelancer, but I haven't played it. Im not into the space games. Doom 3 and Halflife 2 will be out this year though, and they should be pretty good. Now in farcry I think it would have been cool if you became a little mutated towards the end... more than just the green skin.
Oh and I played through Morrowind as a Kahjit(sp?) which is a cat person. It was fun... although I got lost too much.

Peace,
Brandon

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a couple of games on the computer that I play once and a while, and I own a Playstation as well. I like playing the old games like Pac Man, Dig Dug and Pole Position on the Playstation.

3blackcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK, I'll admit that I do own The Sims. every expansion up to Superstar . I also have Grand theft auto III and Midtown Madness 2. I wont't tell my age either :lol3

I don't play them very often at all, but sometimes it's nice to just forget about the world around you and have some fun.

My husband thinks I'm nuts - but then again he likes to play once in awhile too!

louse76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a misleading figure at the beginning. Sure it beats film box office, but you have to realize box office has not been the main source of revenue for hollywood for years and years, most money is made in ancillary markets.

arg0

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Louse76

That's a misleading figure at the beginning. Sure it beats film box office, but you have to realize box office has not been the main source of revenue for hollywood for years and years, most money is made in ancillary markets.
True, however, the statistics are staggering. It shows quite a few people play games more then going to the movies, or even watch TV. Its quite a feat for an industry that some people who think it would never amount to anything, except for the kiddies...

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I have a couple of games on the computer that I play once and a while, and I own a Playstation as well. I like playing the old games like Pac Man, Dig Dug and Pole Position on the Playstation.
I love the older games too. Pac Man and Frogger especially have a place in my heart. I also still have the old Atari 2600 that my parents got me when I was a kid that I pull out occasionally just to have the retro experience.