Computer dying.... :(

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That post is just way to long, way to many links and way to confusing for any "computer novice" to even bother looking at. Nice try but to much to fast will just cause them to have a stroke, and it seems a bit redundent in areas.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My home computer is on its last leg too. I don't feel bad though. It's a Compaq Presario with Windows 95! (That's why I'm on this so much in work)!
My dad just got a brand new Compaq for Christmas and had to have both his C and D drives replaced! We have 2 Dells in work and they are great. My neighbor just bought a Dell laptop with XP Home that he LOVES, but I think it was around $1800.00.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It allows you to get into as much depth as you want IMO.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you follow the steps, most problems will be resolved by step three, THAN it goes down hill in to computerese....

javern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
freezing computer isn't always a major thing. Could be a video card that needs to be reseated or you have a device driver thats become corrupt.

As far as laptop computers Dells are good, I work on them they sell a lot! Wal Mart sells a brand of low cost laptops now that are well built and I'm impressed by them, check out their website.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by felton

If you follow the steps, most problems will be resolved by step three, THAN it goes down hill in to computerese....
Thanks, Felton!
At first I skipped it because it was so long, but then I copied it for "just in case."

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
alot of good advice on these threads we have had those issues too and the advice here is what we have had to do...and works....and you might want to do some comparison shopping...you can get a dang good set up for about half of the $1000 you plan to spend...no sense wasting the $$!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thing you can try but it is sorta dangerous, it to reload your OS if you have the disk, but if something goes wrong you could lose everything on the computer so be aware before you try it. I had most of the problems you describe, and this fixed mine. Good luck.