Computer Died!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like WD(Western Digital) HDD and SSD but I will also use Seagate drives. (WD is top of the list tho...)
Yeah, to me, WD is worth the price.
*And bringing the thread back into the fold:*
IMG_1618.JPG

THREE sleeping (or relaxing) beauties: Angels Nicolas, Rani, and Sishya :redheartpump::hearthrob::hearthrob::loveeyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope to start ordering this next week early. They should have the defective unit back tomorrow (Monday). Here today it is a nasty, cold, rainy day. Theo has a good idea stretched out on the rug (I have a fire going)

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*Theo definitely knows how to cat!*
This morning he found a fly bouncing off the patio door. He really got wound up and he finally either killed and ate the fly or it crawled away from him. You should have heard his tantrum because he lost his fly! What a voice when he wants to yell!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning he found a fly bouncing off the patio door. He really got wound up and he finally either killed and ate the fly or it crawled away from him. You should have heard his tantrum because he lost his fly! What a voice when he wants to yell!
Oh, I can well imagine. Tarifa is a tiny torti but when she yells, everyone sits up and takes notice! She is by far the smallest AND loudest of the furmily. I guess it's like little kids. They're small, right? But their yells and screams could wake the dead.
Hope that if Theo did eat that fly, it doesn't make him sick. That happens sometimes, with insect ingestion. :dizzycat:
IMG_0630.JPG
Tarifa kicking one of her Yeowww! catnip toys.:hearthrob::loveeyes:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think he ate it. My Oliver used to always eat them! He never was affected by it. I think he had found a new "toy" and was upset when he lost it. (dang it! I ain't done playing yet!!!!)

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tracking shows that they now have the computer. A tech sent an email saying I will get my refund in 5-10 business days! Looks like I am waiting to do the build.....:censored::argh:

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good luck getting yourself back up and running. I am soooo sad that computer crashes are something we all have in common. We can all tell a story. I would share but its just to painful!!:lol::flail::evilgrin: (insert crying emoji here....sobbing emoji is probably better).

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got my refund so, I ordered all the hardware to build my new machine.:hyper:
Gigabyte Z390 motherboard
Corsair Carbide tower case
Intel Core i7-8700 (6 cores/12 logical processors)
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128bit PCI-E graphics card
500GB SSD WD digital drive for system files
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) memory [I will still have 2 open slots to add another 32GB later]
750 watt modular power supply

I'm re-using my HHD's and DVD burner, monitors, firewire card, mouse & keyboard

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have almost all the parts. The processor was supposed to be here yesterday. Amazon has no idea what happened to it. Lost somewhere between Lancaster, NY and here. If it is on the truck being shipped, how do they "lose" a package????? Me thinks someone saw what it was and decided they needed a free one at my expense. Amazon will make good I am sure but, this is a real pain!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Now tracking says it is out for delivery so I will have it today. :hyper:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am on the new computer now. Still setting things up. I thought it was running slow until I realized that "OneDrive" was syncing....turned off that for now and WOW!! Fast!

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am on the new computer now. Still setting things up. I thought it was running slow until I realized that "OneDrive" was syncing....turned off that for now and WOW!! Fast!
Congratulations and enjoy!!! Don't get a speeding ticket..lol

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought a new license for Win10. My copy on the old computer was not transferable....(it was an upgrade from Win7 and did not qualify. I have 3 copies of Win10 and couldn't use any of them on the new computer!) I got a 16GB PCIE SSD drive that makes the boot faster. Plus the system files are on a digital SSD drive so it gets a double boost! System has 32GB of RAM with 2 slots still open (soon to be upgraded to 64GB). I should not have to "upgrade" for a LONG time.

I put in a premium CPU cooler so it runs really cool too. (4 fans in the case when I count the processor cooler)

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This new motherboard supports Optane memory. It is not memory in the "normal" sense. It is used to speed boot up and also can be used to speed up applications. My MB supports 2 of these so I installed 32GB in each. One is assigned to the boot drive (which is a digital HD on mine = double boost) The second one can be assigned to speed up applications. It works! I was amazed at how fast video processes on this new machine! This memory is separate from the 32GB RAM. I still have 2 more slots to fill there when I get the money.

Also, these Optane memory are not that expensive. So, if you are upgrading a computer, it is worth while to consider one that supports Optane