Completely Devistated

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Kenzie
I just saw this thread. I'm sorry this is happening to you right now. But you know what- It took me a while to find my current job (and i'm still waiting to hear if i got the one at the animal shelter). Right when I about gave up hope- they hired me on the spot! So hang in there beautiful! Sometimes when things look their worst- something good is right around the corner. You still have two whole months to find a job
look at it in a positive light and things look a lot better
That is a lot of time to find a good one! So collect your thoughts...push that negative one about not getting the one you wanted aside, and get out there and put more applications out sweetie. You still have a lot of time to make this work in your favor. So stay strong! You have the love and support of everyone here on TCS! And tons of vibes comming your way (((((vibes))))) so stay strong and get out there some more! You will find a good job soon- just keep looking
When you get knocked down- get back up and get out there again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Awww Kenzie
I just saw this thread. I'm sorry this is happening to you right now. But you know what- It took me a while to find my current job (and i'm still waiting to hear if i got the one at the animal shelter). Right when I about gave up hope- they hired me on the spot! So hang in there beautiful! Sometimes when things look their worst- something good is right around the corner. You still have two whole months to find a job
look at it in a positive light and things look a lot better
That is a lot of time to find a good one! So collect your thoughts...push that negative one about not getting the one you wanted aside, and get out there and put more applications out sweetie. You still have a lot of time to make this work in your favor. So stay strong! You have the love and support of everyone here on TCS! And tons of vibes comming your way (((((vibes))))) so stay strong and get out there some more! You will find a good job soon- just keep looking
When you get knocked down- get back up and get out there again
Thanks Nikki... I sent out 1 app. & resume yesterday, and 2 more today, I'm getting tired of paying for stamps!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thanks Nikki... I sent out 1 app. & resume yesterday, and 2 more today, I'm getting tired of paying for stamps!
You're Welcome!!!
Hang in there gorgeous! The right job will come along soon
/ And i feel you on the stamps! Uhhh those little buggers are sooooo expensive and really add up!
Could you deliver a few resumes in person so you can cut down on the amount of $ you have to spend as far as stamps go?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It's rough right now, McKenzie, but the universe has a plan for your next job. It is just keeping quiet about it.

Hang in there and good luck. I do like the ideas everyone has put out there where you look for feedback from previous interviews.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Are you also putting in online applications, Kenzie? A lot of my students have found jobs that way. It seems that many companies no longer bother with "paper" applications, as odd as that sounds.
Keep your chin up! It'll work out!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You may have already looked here, but try digging through the job ads on Craigs List. That's actually where I found the job that I'm at now, and we still advertise through there for new people for some of our positions.

Maybe post your resume on here (with personal info excluded of course) and we can help you jazz it up a bit. I know sometimes for some positions I'll get hundreds of resumes, and its really about the one that makes an impression on me.

If I can do anything to help, just PM me.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done a lot of online submitting as well as paper ones- its a lot easier! So far today I've applied for 5 jobs. UGH!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you sent out your resume to any companies you would like to work for but aren't advertising presently?? When I went through Right Mgmt last year they said very few of the jobs available are advertised for in the newspaper.
Hang in there!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Have you sent out your resume to any companies you would like to work for but aren't advertising presently?? When I went through Right Mgmt last year they said very few of the jobs available are advertised for in the newspaper.
Hang in there!!!!
I'm going to do that next week. John is going to help me out this weekend showing me around to some businesses, since I'm not too familiar with all the businesses in town since I haven't lived here forever.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh Mackenzie Im just seeing this thread now

Im so sorry this didn't work out. Everyone is right, the right job WILL come along. You will be happy and everything will work out the way its meant to.
Good things happen to good people. Ive got everything crossed for you sweetheart. Just enjoy being with the biker boys because I know WHEN you have a job they are goin to miss you!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone... I'm feeling a bit better about it... but it still hurts a bit- I sent out a trillion apps/resumes on Friday, so hopefully something will come along

You are all the best people EVER!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe Kenzie... Something will come along when you least expect it! Good luck.
(BTW it probably would have sucked to work there anyway and you will like the place you go to much better!)