Companion for my furbaby Sophie

littlepaws03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a while, but everything has gone amazingly well with my Sophie. My husband has finally give me the go ahead to add a second cat to our household(yay!)

I am just not sure how I should proceed, I am looking for a 1 - 3 year old but not sure about what breed to choose. I was browsing a verein(Club) website dedicated to rehoming cats that cannot be placed in shelters due to overcrowding, and came across a beautiful 2 year old persian(traditional, possibly mixed) but im afraid he wont fit the dynamic.

So my question is:

Are Persian cats really not playful? would it be too much to place him with my Sophie (Balinese) that is true to her insistent and playful Balinese heritage?

By the way, i've added new pictures of Sophie in my gallery. If you're interested, there's also baby pics of her ^^.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it would be best to try to match her energy level somewhat.  I don't have personal experience with persians; but I would suggest talking to whoever the cat is with (owner, foster, etc) to get an idea of their personality and energy level.  Every cat can be different; so that is probably your best bet.  I don't think they need to have exactly the same energy level; but if you know ahead of time its similar and the new cat likes to be with others, thats a good start. You would still need to go through the introduction process and let the new kitty become comfortable in your home; but it's a good start.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlepaws03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for replying!

We received a visit from the foster mother to check if our apartment is kitty proofed along with additional information. It seems he was left alone most of the day and was destructive in his previous situation but she told me it hasn't happened anymore probably due to being around other cat companions. Now we're set to bring him in this saturday too
yay our little family grows bigger

I just hope he and sophie can get used to the situation fast, I feel bad locking them apart :( luckily i'm home most of the day so it should make things easier on them.