Commercials - You Like and Disliked

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite commercial at the moment is for a NZ Beer - these two men are out in the wilderness and the younger guy pulls out a cellphone a, the older man says "what's that" and the younger man says "A cellphone, comes in handy sometimes" with that the older man replies "well it would be a hard night to convince me" and the young guy replies as he has noticed they have run out of beerr "and it would be a dry one" the young man rings on his cellphone and in a matter of seconds a guy appears on a 4 wheel bike and then the young guy turns to the old guy and says "How's that for progress" and the old man goes "He woulda been quicker on a horse"

Oh I just love it!!

squirt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

You're right, thank you. I couldn't for the life of me remember what drink that commercial was for.
It can't be very good advertising when the product doesn't remain in the persons mind and all you remember is the tune over and over again.

I mean what are they telling you to buy, "the Muppets"!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about the one for Trident Gum? How annoying is that one?

The one where all the judges sit there and a fly goes on the last judges forehead and the one before him whacks him in his head. Then it follows with another Trident commercial where a bug lands on a guy's face and he whacks himself?????

Hmmmm...... makes me want to run out and buy Trident Gum NOW!

And they play these 2 commercials every 10 minutes.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't remember any newer commercials at the moment, but I liked the ones for Halls Fruit Breezers that ran last summer. There's that guy with the Jamaican accent dreesed up as a box of "Breezas" trying to pick up women in a bar and they just laugh at him. "I gat two jabs!" I drove people nuts imitating him all the time.

dinahcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

I liked the old commercials for that car,,for the life of me I cant remember which car,,but they had a few diff ones. The theme was "It just looks fast". One of them a cop passes this empty parked cars and turns on his flashing lights and "pulls it over". There is no one in it and he is baffled because he thought it was speeding. Another, a dog begins to chase this car and runs right into it,,it was parked. But 'It just looks fast". I thought they were cute. I think the Walgreens "perfect" commercial is cute. I also like the new "I cant taste my beer" ad.
This was the commercial for the redesigned Toyota Celica GTS. I LOVE this car! Great commercials too. I love the one with the old guy, yelling at the car, "Slow Down!!!!"