Commercial Pet Food Database

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I saw this database mentioned a while back on the CKD io forum/group and kind of forgot about it. Is this something anyone here would be interested in? It is easy to sort by various categories, including brand. You can supposedly provide information on foods you don't see on the current chart, but I haven't tried that so not sure how it works.

This information may have previously been posted on this site, but if so, I am not aware of it. Hopefully, it is OK to provide the links to the web site.

The main link is: CRF: Commercial Pet Foods (the-colonel.info). The link specifically for the food chart is: Pet Food List

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw this database mentioned a while back on the CKD io forum/group and kind of forgot about it. Is this something anyone here would be interested in? It is easy to sort by various categories, including brand. You can supposedly provide information on foods you don't see on the current chart, but I haven't tried that so not sure how it works.

This information may have previously been posted on this site, but if so, I am not aware of it. Hopefully, it is OK to provide the links to the web site.

The main link is: CRF: Commercial Pet Foods (the-colonel.info). The link specifically for the food chart is: Pet Food List
The sites look good but when I click on them i get a message saying “unsecure site”

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The sites look good but when I click on them i get a message saying “unsecure site”
I saw that and should have mentioned it. I have sent them an email asking about it - we'll see what their response is, assuming I get one. I will also ask the CKD io group what they make of it since they are the ones who told me about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I received a response regarding the 'not secure' posting about the above noted web sites. Jim Hayes, who I believe to be the 'owner', told me that since it is informational only - as in having no purchasing/payment activity or any way to enter in any kind of personal information into the web site that it isn't necessary from a security standpoint. I'll take the guy at his word. I did check to see if I was being tracked by the site - and no, I wasn't. I also checked to see if there were cookies attached, and again no, there wasn't.

It's just another place to find some nutritional information but is by no means a huge database - it was just nice about the sorting/selection aspects.