Commercial comments

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dusty's Mom;1506484 said:
Commercials I love include any with animals in them - California Cheese with the talking cows, the litter commercial where the cat can't find his box, the Aflac duck, and of course the Budweiser commercials, all of them.

I love that kitty with the hound dog that can't find the litter box too. So cute!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

I agree, but there are some cute commercials. Like yesterday, during the football game (Patriots won Yeah!). There was a commercial that kept showing a replay to see if a horse went out of bounds. Then they show a zebra looking into the replay camera over and over again while the two horse teams waited. Two guys watching from a fence. One guy says that referee is a real ass. The other guy says, No, I believe he's a zebra.

You might have to be a football fan to appreciate it though.
I saw that one too, I thought it was pretty funny also.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Do you have those commercials where you always have comments about them? For instance, a Lysol commercial just came on, the one with the "There could be blah blah blah number of bacteria on your counter. Fact: not all cleaners kill bacteria..." I just want to yell "Fact: not all bacteria is dangerous, and Fact: when you kill off the bacteria there it will just be replaced in a little while!"

There's the Pantene commercials with their "amino proteins"...as if all proteins weren't made out of amino acids and their's are something special...

Do you guys have any of these, or is it just me?
Commercials that prey on ignorance actually make me angry. Especially the ones that advertise "car title loans". The voice over says "and you even get to keep your car!" ... Yeah, except it is not 'your' car anymore.
Also there was a paper-products company talking about sustainable forest management, which is, of course, important. However, the executive walking through the woods says something along the lines of "there are trees in this forest from 8 to 80 years old"! The lives of Doug Firs are measured in centuries not decades so an 80 year old tree is a young one indeed. Sorry for the mini-rant, but taking advantage of the uniformed is a sore spot with me! It is so dishonest!
Catfriend

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

There is one that plays around here. Its a lawyer something Nuggent. Anyways this guy always looks stoned and talk like it to. And his catch phrase "One call thats all" (you have to hear the tone) man is it annoying.
Peter Nugent? OMG, that commerical bugs me and it always comes on when I'm watching Price is Right. Those HeadOn commercials..
The Empire one (800-588-2300 EMPIRE ..today!) is sort of annoying because it gets stuck in my head. I also make fun of American news stations because I think they're so goofy--"7 ACTION NEWS!!!!"

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

These ones annoy me.
The STUPID V tech commercials. "Kids put down your ______ and start playing your video games" ARRRGGGHHHH I have a hard enough time getting my kids to help around the house- we don't need a stupid commercial telling them it's ok!
I hate those, the kids look so weird in them and AS IF the parents would say that.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's as annoying as it is funny but when you see a commercial for a new medication and it cures asthma, or incontenance but has a bazillion side effects... Sorry, I'll deal with the asthma!

Or the one about Herpes!
I can't help but have sympathy for the people in that commercial. You know in real life they'll NEVER get a date

The Geico commercials are flat out annoying!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I don't think it's as annoying as it is funny but when you see a commercial for a new medication and it cures asthma, or incontenance but has a bazillion side effects... Sorry, I'll deal with the asthma!

Or the one about Herpes!
I can't help but have sympathy for the people in that commercial. You know in real life they'll NEVER get a date

The Geico commercials are flat out annoying!
How about that med for obesity that ended "May cause gas with oily discharge" ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

How about that med for obesity that ended "May cause gas with oily discharge" ?
EWWW!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A local law firm ad features the son of the owner. He talks about suing for damages from drunk drivers. However - he has been arrested several times for being under the influence - including DUI!!!!