Coming Soon to My House!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After a year of hearing me talk about adding another kitty to our little kitty family, my husband has finally relented!! 
  A few weeks ago, we went and met a couple of kitties at a local rescue group.  Neither of those kitties really "did it" for us.  They were wonderful kitties, just not what we were looking for.  While sitting in on a conference call for my boss 2 weeks ago, I was perusing petfinder.  (The conference call was a total waste of my time!)  I ran across a beautiful tortie girl who is about a year old, very loving, and gets along well with other cats.  I immediately sent an email to the rescue group, then spent the next 3 days emailing back and forth with her foster mom.  Last Monday, we went to meet this precious little girl and she's coming to live with us soon!

These are from her foster mom, who is still caring for her since she's on the tail end of an URI.  She will be going back to the vet's on Tuesday for a re-check.  If she's cleared of being contagious, we'll bring her home some time next week.  Her foster mom says she can still hear congestion.  If she's just congested, she can come home and we'll start getting her nutrition up and get her on the road to health.  We've tentatively named her "Daisy", but that is subject to change.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! She's gorgeous. I have always wanted a tortie, but with Holland's personality, they recommended a boy rather than another girl. I love my tuxie Daymon though!

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Torties are awesome.....she is a gorgeous one too!  Congratulations!!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhh, what WONDERFUL news!
She is a stunning beauty and I am SO  happy for you and her! Being a foster mom myself, I not only love the fact that your adopting a cat who is no longer a kitten, but also a kitty recovering from illness. Many people don't understand URIs and it tends to scare them off. Here's hoping she gets a clean bill of health from the vet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhh, what WONDERFUL news!
She is a stunning beauty and I am SO  happy for you and her! Being a foster mom myself, I not only love the fact that your adopting a cat who is no longer a kitten, but also a kitty recovering from illness. Many people don't understand URIs and it tends to scare them off. Here's hoping she gets a clean bill of health from the vet!

With Hannah having herpes, we have lots of experiences with URIs so the only thing we needed to be sure of was that she wasn't contagious.  I don't want her to relapse and I don't want my kitties getting sick.  Daisy may have herpes as well, so we'll just treat her like she does and get her feeling better.  Mark even commented the other night, "We just need to bring her home and get her on some good quality food and lysine."

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:thud: Oh my she is sooooooooooooo pretty! You'll see, I know, but from the picture she looks like a Daisy! :D

Oh congratulations! I'm so excited for you - and your beautiful new girl. :heart3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is a total love!!  When I picked her up and put her up to my chest, she gave me tons of headbutts and rubbed her face along my jaw.  Then, she just tucked her head under my chin and started purring and kneading her little paws.  Whenever there was a strange noise outside the visitation room, she'd run and jump up on the bench next to me. :)  She's really a lovely girl.  The rescue put her age at about a year, but she looks younger, maybe an older kitten 9-12 mos old. 

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a total love!!  When I picked her up and put her up to my chest, she gave me tons of headbutts and rubbed her face along my jaw.  Then, she just tucked her head under my chin and started purring and kneading her little paws.  Whenever there was a strange noise outside the visitation room, she'd run and jump up on the bench next to me. :)  She's really a lovely girl.  The rescue put her age at about a year, but she looks younger, maybe an older kitten 9-12 mos old. 

She sounds perfect and oh-so-sweet!  Just THRILLED for you!!!!!!! 

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww!!! She sounds like a total sweetie!!! She's gorgeous and she's going to a great furever home!! :clap:

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been waiting fur-ever for you to post that you were going to be bringing home a new kitty! Big, huge, gigantic congratulations are in order!

"Daisy" is absolutely beautiful! I love tortoiseshell cats (I mean, of course I do -- I've got one of my own!) and your new sweetheart is no exception. She does look like she's still a kitten. It's difficult to tell in a photo, but she looks like she's around 9-11 months old. She still has a kitten-type look to her face. But, regardless of age, she's lovely. And, I think she'll make a wonderful addition to your home. 

I never doubted that your husband would relent. I haven't forgotten those early photos of Tumbles...and your hubby. He can try to deny it, but you can tell him that we're on to him. He's a cat lover, for sure! Hopefully, "Daisy" will come home soon. URI's are a hassle, but, as you know, they generally pass and kitties do well after recovering with continued maintenance (ie. Lysine). Now, you'll just have to win over Tumbles and Hannah. But, if you ask me, I think they'll adore their new sister.

Please post as soon as you bring your new little girl home. And, of course we're going to need pictures! Congrats, again!