coming home after impaction- need high fiber food

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave my :rbheart: Sven:rbheart: 1/4 teaspoon (miralax) dissolved in a little water and mixed in a little wet food twice a day for over a year.  It was a life saver for his chronic constipation.
:yeah:
Boy, looking at this thread..... Did I change my views or what? :thud:
Miralax works GREAT!! And as much wet food as you can...... :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

blueskyatnight

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear Sylorna,  I also have a cat that is easily impacted and eliminating dry food from her diet solved the problem completely.  It sounds like you have a senstitive cat and dry foods cause many problems (especially long term).   If she likes pure pumpkin you can mix a teaspoon of this (NOT pumpkin pie filling) in her food as well).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are always so helpful!  I was so surprised to have this thread brought up again.  

In the end, the vet did the surgery and found a ribbon with a knot on one end plugging up the bottom of her stomach, like a valve.  We were given it in a small pill bottle (worlds most expensive ribbon) and Yuki has been great since.  Just thought I'd bring an end to the mystery.

Thanks again for all the help.  It might prove very useful in the future.