come sit on my lap

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats are just not comfortable sitting in laps. I had a cat some years ago that would be happy to sit on the arm of my lazy-boy chair with me and I could have my arm around him but if I moved him over 6 inches to sit in my lap he would jump down and go away.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rummi

i sit on sofa, two feets planted on the floor...

but kimi dun even know how to curl!! when she lie down, its either all stretched out like a roll of carpet (see foto), or equally long but on her side.

This is Nora's favorite position to lay in. She does it ALL the time. It's really funny to see her walk, and then her back legs stop but her front legs keep going and she walks herself into that position. lol

Nora loves to be held, but she isn't a lap cat. She prefers to sit with her feet in your lap and her head up by your head, with one arm on either side of your neck like she is hugging you. That, or lay like a baby in the cradle position, but I think she is getting to big for that and does it less and less. I really don't recall her curling up in my lap. She prefers to stretch out.

Kimi is adorable! She is so..."poofy"!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rummi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

...It's really funny to see her walk, and then her back legs stop but her front legs keep going and she walks herself into that position. lol
oh yeah, kimi does it the same way too when she's on our glass coffee table.

nora is 'half-blue' too!

mayb its tat one drop of blue-blood tat caused them to genetically-behave like a oll of carpet
...juz kidding

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Kimi iz cute fuzzy carpet!
I wuv british bloos, whether they iz lapcats or no

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rummi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
updating the status... Nope, kimi still do not sit in laps

tho she does jump into laps for few other reasons, such as to view my laptop, access other higher places, to stand on my shoulders n play with my chin-length hair...

and she gives signal (weow!) before jumping...

but never to SIT in our laps