Combs and/or brushes?

triv85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There seems to be a lot of different opinions on what brushes/combs/tools to use to groom cats. I have a black DSH kitten (about 12 weeks) and am still unsure of what to buy to groom her. Any suggestions?

hana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I will be sure to save the receipt for the next two weeks.

DW has always bought stuff and returned it 29 days later, after getting a free trial. I have just recently caught on to how cool this whole notion is!

OK, I am also going out on a limb when I announce (I have already done so) that Persi has never had a bath. Bad Daddy! But you are right, I do not show Persi but I do note that the instructions on the Furminator mention that it is to be used after bathing. And last night I woke up in the middle of the night with a thought - continue using the tools I have and use the furminator as a supplement or something? OK, you know my problem. I am a good daddy and try hard to keep him combed and brushed every day. If you are going to tell me that bathing would help, I would like to show you a tattoo on my right leg that Persi gave me free of charge.
Oh Persi/Alley,
You are too funny! I just read your ending quote: "If you are going to tell me that bathing would help, I would like to show you a tattoo on my right leg that Persi gave me free of charge."

Thanks so much for the laugh! I really thought you were going to be bragging about a tattoo you have, ha ha. I truly treasure several tattoos that I've had for more than 15 years from my dear, passed Archie especially. I hope they never fade! I had a well loved tattoo scratched on from Chippy when he was little, and you don't know how much i treasured it. it was on my elbow area arm and quite big, but literally after about 12-15 years, it actually faded away, I was so mad! Ha ha. but they left loving, and humorous memories of them.

Thanks for the laugh! :eek:)

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cat is anything like Kitty, who has a very dense, short coat, then you will love the furminator
I got one after our house was covered in fur, and she hardly sheds at all now. I brush her maybe once a week, and sometimes use a plastic flea comb to smooth out any patches quickly.

Holly just gets petted alot
thank god we only have one furry cat.

BTW, I paid almost the same amount for my furminator, and it is money well spent!

hana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

If your cat is anything like Kitty, who has a very dense, short coat, then you will love the furminator
I got one after our house was covered in fur, and she hardly sheds at all now. I brush her maybe once a week, and sometimes use a plastic flea comb to smooth out any patches quickly.

Holly just gets petted alot
thank god we only have one furry cat.

BTW, I paid almost the same amount for my furminator, and it is money well spent!
Meowers,
Oh your photo beneath is too cute and pretty. I love to see two cats draped over each other (in our house I'd only see that if I was drunk and in a crazy dream; and I don't drink!, ha ha).

But so glad it works so well for you. What size one do you have the furminator? In the cat size (which looks so short to me). I've always used flea and flea like combs which all work great for collecting hair (and they really like it too). They are much longer than the furminator. But you guys are tempting me to put in that big chunk of money and getting one! I actually just made a mega purchase for trays of natural cat foods from a mail order place.