Combining food

Val622

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Can I combine wet foods for my kitten. She’s been picky and doesn’t seem to want her wellness core. Loves weruva kitten food. Can I combine the two to save some money. Those little Weruva cans are so small and expensive. She would need like 4 a day.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes that's no problem..

I'm not a Wellness fan anymore personally (quality has gone down). I fed Purina kitten mixed with Royal Canin (quality of Purina has gone up). Now they get Purina and Wureva.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Val622

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. The combo is working for her. Less stinky poops but I might look for something more inexpensive than the wellness core in the future because she really only likes it with the Weruva mixed in.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as your cats like it, there's nothing wrong with combining foods. I wish our cats would eat combo meals but they just won't!

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've just started combining two foods as an experiment, and I daresay it's been successful! I had recently introduced Tiny Tiger turkey & giblets (after reading that lisahe lisahe 's cats gave it a thumbs-up :)), which Sylvie loves. I had the inspiration to mix it with some Rawz duck, which I had most of a case of and which Sylvie no longer was enthused about eating on its own. Sylvie eats the mixture of the two with gusto, even if it contains additions like her Cosequin dose or a crushed-up Vet's Best hairball tablet (another lisahe lisahe rec).

I'm now toying with the idea of mixing Rawz rabbit with something else--because, again, Sylvie lost interest in it, as she periodically does, and I still have about half a case. I like being able to mix a higher-priced, more nutritious food that my cat isn't crazy about with a more economical, good-but-not-perfect food that she adores. It makes both of us happy and saves me some money over feeding just the Rawz on its own all the time.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just started combining two foods as an experiment, and I daresay it's been successful! I had recently introduced Tiny Tiger turkey & giblets (after reading that lisahe lisahe 's cats gave it a thumbs-up :)), which Sylvie loves. I had the inspiration to mix it with some Rawz duck, which I had most of a case of and which Sylvie no longer was enthused about eating on its own. Sylvie eats the mixture of the two with gusto, even if it contains additions like her Cosequin dose or a crushed-up Vet's Best hairball tablet (another lisahe lisahe rec).

I'm now toying with the idea of mixing Rawz rabbit with something else--because, again, Sylvie lost interest in it, as she periodically does, and I still have about half a case. I like being able to mix a higher-priced, more nutritious food that my cat isn't crazy about with a more economical, good-but-not-perfect food that she adores. It makes both of us happy and saves me some money over feeding just the Rawz on its own all the time.
Oooh, this is interesting. Though our cats have never much liked blends of food or combo platters, if Sylvie likes a mix of Tiny Tiger with Rawz, I wonder if Ireland might like Tiny Tiger with Mouser. For some reason, our cats suddenly lost their taste for Mouser, which they had been loving. I have a small stock of it and am not sure what to do with it so maybe Tiny Tiger will be the ticket. At this point, there's no harm in trying!

I'm glad Sylvia accepts the Vet's Best tablets and hope they help! Fortunately, our cats think they're treats. [Evil laugh from me!]

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh, this is interesting. Though our cats have never much liked blends of food or combo platters, if Sylvie likes a mix of Tiny Tiger with Rawz, I wonder if Ireland might like Tiny Tiger with Mouser. For some reason, our cats suddenly lost their taste for Mouser, which they had been loving. I have a small stock of it and am not sure what to do with it so maybe Tiny Tiger will be the ticket. At this point, there's no harm in trying!

I'm glad Sylvia accepts the Vet's Best tablets and hope they help! Fortunately, our cats think they're treats. [Evil laugh from me!]
They are definitely helping! Sylvie has become admirably regular and is no longer doing much pre-hairball coughing. Thanks for the great recommendation!

I’m going to add some Tiny Tiger or Fancy Feast beef pâté to my next Chewy order, substituting it for the usual Purina Pro Plan Arctic char, and combine it with the Rawz rabbit. I will report on whether it passes muster with Her Majesty.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are definitely helping! Sylvie has become admirably regular and is no longer doing much pre-hairball coughing. Thanks for the great recommendation!

I’m going to add some Tiny Tiger or Fancy Feast beef pâté to my next Chewy order, substituting it for the usual Purina Pro Plan Arctic char, and combine it with the Rawz rabbit. I will report on whether it passes muster with Her Majesty.
I'm very glad to hear the tablets are helping so much! Ireland has seemed a bit irregular lately but still better than she was before she had the tablets. I think the difference is that I've been using a little less egg yolk in the cats' homemade food.

I'm already contemplating blends of Tiny Tiger and Mouser... I really hope it works because Mouser's a tough one to replace.

And how funny that Sylvie eats Arctic char food! One of Edwina's nicknames is "The Arctic Char" because she so loves to go out on the veranda in very cold weather. :cold:

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It depends. I combine food for my cat all the time and no problem. My sister did it once with her cat and she got an evil look and a refusal to eat the food.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LadyLondonderry LadyLondonderry , sadly the Tiny Tiger fix didn't work with Mouser, not even with the original batch of chicken Mouser. 🤷‍♀️ They just don't like Mouser these days!