Colour v breed?

abbybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I know Abby is a sliver-grey tabby, but that's her colouring, not her breed (or is tabby considered a breed?). Is there anything about her "look" that suggests a particular breed? It is likely she is a mix of things but I am curious to know if more knowledgeable people here see anything particular in her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

So I know Abby is a sliver-grey tabby, but that's her colouring, not her breed (or is tabby considered a breed?). Is there anything about her "look" that suggests a particular breed? It is likely she is a mix of things but I am curious to know if more knowledgeable people here see anything particular in her.

nay, as you say, its mainly description of color and pattern...  The "breed" is surely domestic - alike most cats are, the great majority, in fact.

Grey is called for blue, so its blue tabby with white.  The exact pattern I dont see, possibly classic..

Could we have a couple of good pics more, especielly of her side and back? please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay, the pattern is sooner  mackerel, possibly broken mackerel.  It seems you can  nail dawn a couple of spots, but she is still too much of a mackerel - striped, to be called for spotted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, to summarize, she is a domestic short hair blue broken mackerel tabby...with white.  I think I will continue to tell people "grey tabby" when they ask what she is.
 Thanks for the answer.