coloration of a kitten

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it's red, or more like red-ish or even coper like? Red eyes are not normal if your cat isn't an albino (which are extremely rare to begin with). Red eyes, either one or two, is probably a medical issue. I read up on it a little and it can be one of the following things:

Inflammation of the eyelid

Inflammation of the cornea

Inflammation of the sclera

Inflammation of the conjunctiva

Inflammation of the ciliary body

Inflammation of the iris

Glaucoma

Orbital disease

Hemorrhage at the front of the eye

Hemorrhage within the eye from newly formed or existing blood vessels

Red eyes are often a symptom of an underlying systemic desease, which sometimes are of a serious nature. If the eyes remain as such and are really red, you should visit a vet.

Any pictures would help to let us see more.

Last edited:

tuxedoontheloos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely rule out medical issues, but isn't pointness a form of albinism hence the usual blue eyes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not taking any more pictures of her. It was the flash, and because of where they are if I were to take pictures without upsetting the mom, I need to use flash. Since that is what made her eyes red, why would I do it again? 

I already established it was the flash that caused it, since a few minutes after her eyes were blue, NOT RED. I was not talking about a bloody red either, if I was... Well you wouldn't hear about it until after she had gone to a vet... I wouldn't waste my time on a forum, when the vet would have been the first priority. 

I have already looked it up myself, and yes points are apparently considered to have a form of albinism. Some maybe more sensitive to over exposure to light, which may be in her case. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue eyes reflect red. I forget the exact reason but it has to do with the lack of pigment so the blood vessels reflect back. . .or something like that :tongue2:. Perfectly normal.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My bad, I didn't see the sentense that said it was the flash. I was just trying to help.

Happy it's solved, enjoy your kittens.

Last edited by a moderator:

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In that case the father was a Black (Or blue) cat.

Last edited: