Colloidal Silver

Jen Condit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone ever used colloidal silver for their cat's allergies? My girl Luna has EGC, she gets a raised red bump on her lower lip 2x a year. She on both wet and dry allergy food but still gets inflammation from time to time. I am also religious about her flea meds even though she's an indoor kitty. I honestly think she's allergic to something environmental (our cleaning products? candles? who knows...). Wondering what else I can try and if colloidal sliver may work. Thanks!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only used colloidal silver for a mouth inflammation, and it seemed to me it helped a little.
Colloidal silver is an anti bacterial, so I don't know how it could help in the case of an allergy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jen Condit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I only used colloidal silver for a mouth inflammation, and it seemed to me it helped a little.
Colloidal silver is an anti bacterial, so I don't know how it could help in the case of an allergy.
She does have a mouth sore from the EGC flare up, maybe that is why I have seen colloidal silver mentioned before. What product have you used? Thanks for the reply!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does have a mouth sore from the EGC flare up, maybe that is why I have seen colloidal silver mentioned before. What product have you used? Thanks for the reply!!
It was a simple small bottle that I got at a herb shop 7 years ago. It had a plain label with just "colloidal silver" printed on it. I can't remember more than this.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wondering what else I can try and if colloidal sliver may work. Thanks!
I use Colloidal Silver for my boy's scratch wound and also use to clean his ears with a cotton pad. There are many brands out there and this is one of the brands I bought and used.

Petstore SG_IMG_0068.jpg Petstore SG_IMG_1123.jpg

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used it to help decrease inflammation in one of my cats. I only used it for a month, then off for a few weeks, then back on.