Colloidal silver

tiffsea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I was wondering, what oral dose of collodial silver have you used for an adult cat? And what dose for a kitten?

What have you used oral collodial silver for?

I'm fostering two kittens whose sibling recently passed away with Parvo. The kittens and mother haven't tested positive but it's suspected they still have it. I would like to use oral collidal silver for the 10lb mother and 1lb babies. At this point veternarians have basically given me the go ahead to try anything bc their prognosis is poor. I'm very interested in trying oral colloidal silver therapy and bought some today at whole foods. The type I purchased has 10 ppm and the suggested child use is 1/2 tsp (which is 2.5 ml) but I'm unsure what dose I should use for the mom cat or kittens

Thank you for your time!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not used collidial silver. I have used Vibactra with decent results in URI cats and kittens. I am not sure cats get Parvo, I am nearly certain that is a dog health condition. Do you mean feline distemper? This is where I bought mine from, Amazon. Other reviewers have used it in Parvo puppies. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffsea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
By Parvo I mean Feline Panleukopenia, which is the feline version of Parvo. :( 

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, okay. Sadly either of them in either animal is a horrible disease. Maybe with extra tender home care they can fight it off. What about lysine, could you try that for mother cat? It would pass into her milk if she is still nursing.

tiffsea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@nansiludie the mother is out of milk. I'm syringe feeding and specifically interested in collodial silver I just need to figure out an appropriate dose

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This thread discusses how to use it internally:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/246886/colloidal-silver  The internal part starts around post #9.

I thought you said in your other thread that the kittens HAD  been diagnosed with Parvo
.  I was wondering whether or not the mother had been though, since she went elsewhere for caregiving.  Is she with you now?  She has a much better chance of survival.  I had an adult dog and a puppy who both got parvo.  The puppy died, but the adult survived.  That being said, the adult had not just given birth, so she was in very good health when she got it. 

tiffsea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info and your response @mrsgreenjeens      The kitten who passed away tested positive for panleuk, the mother and other two kittens tested negative but still have many of the symptoms, so it's a very confusing/stressful situation. The assumption is that the kittens that tested neg have it, but for some reason don't show the positivity in the testing? I don't really understand it, all I know is that these kittens are very sick and are at a very high risk of dying so that's why I'm trying to do some research. :(

pixrenia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what I have find out about the colloidal silver from health store owner was to give one or two drops into bowl of water ,his cat had a tooth problem and it worked for him. I gave it to my cat to help her with hyperthyroid but she threw up first and the she had diarrhea ,so I stopped and went back to pills. So very little amounts  for kittens ,hope this helps 

tiffsea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@pixrenia   Thanks so much for your help! The kittens are doing well and receiving IV fluids as well as the colloidal silver and probiotics. :) 

pixrenia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Great ! forgot to mention to use the silver for no more then ten days and then take a break ,it should say on the label !