Colloidal Silver usage for cats' health in some occasions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ambermay

I hold your heart close to my chest.
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just replaced my avatar.  I put May's pictures everywhere in my life.

Sorry if this was a bit confusing change.

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
Just because you are so great to help me with your experience and advice - I'm posting pictures for you.

Here is my hubby with May whilst she is having a compress on her wound of a gauze saturated with tee-tree oil (just a bit) and aloe vera that grows in our garden (treatment approved by our vets)

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ambermay, just very quickly because I have to run, warning about tea tree oil and some other essential oils. These are toxic to cats.   Please do NOT use tea tree oil. 

Detailed info in this article

TEA TREE OIL - TOXIC TO CATS

http://www.messybeast.com/teatree.htm

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, well, fish flakes didn't work. All my cats turned their nose on it, even dogs did.

I guess they are not the same as sold where you are.

But... Anything worth trying...

I'll do anything for my baby May, even if I don't eat myself.

Last edited:

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
Ambermay, just very quickly because I have to run, warning about tea tree oil and some other essential oils. These are toxic to cats.   Please do NOT use tea tree oil. 

Detailed info in this article

TEA TREE OIL - TOXIC TO CATS

http://www.messybeast.com/teatree.htm
Thank you Violet.

Our vets said the same if she licks it and we are not doing it anymore.  In-fact we are doing nothing at the moment, just waiting for Colloidal Silver to arrive.

And then it only will be used after vets approve tomorrow.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just because you are so great to help me with your experience and advice - I'm posting pictures for you.
Here is my hubby with May whilst she is having a compress on her wound of a gauze saturated with tee-tree oil (just a bit) and aloe vera that grows in our garden (treatment approved by our vets)

Awwwwww What a sweet sweet picture :heart3:
And what a beautiful little girl you have :love:

So, how is she doing today? Did the CS arrive? :cross:
:hugs::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never looked for honey as such, but will do now.
I know that they don't make organic foods here, but perhaps they sell straight honey without treating it - I hope they do.  I will find out.
How would it help May?

She will not eat tuna from cans.  She doesn't eat ANY cooked foods for humans, hardly eats commercial foods for cats.
I tired every food suggested by vets, but she at the moment only eats fresh beef cut-up (non-fat and best quality).
Yep - that's it - the raw, untreated honey, just like you get from the bee hives -
You use it like you were doing your compresses...... But you use the honey instead..... But make sure it is from a farm that uses no pesticides....
Organic Raw Honey is one of the oldest antibiotics known to man, and has great healing power..... The use of raw honey as a compress 2x a day (and yes - with raw honey, you can (actually need to cover it so she doesn't lick it off) and colloidal silver, might help your girl a good deal :nod:

Read those links about it that I sent you - the one about the kitten that the foot was rotting, and the other one, that explains the properties as well....
Regular Honey will do nothing though - buy the pure, untreated deal :nod:
And don't let her lick it off otherwise she will have a bad case of the runs (diarrhea) :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tired every food suggested by vets, but she at the moment only eats fresh beef cut-up (non-fat and best quality).
This might be a good diet for her - if you mix with some bone and organs - you can buy meat at the butchers and dice it at home..... but you have to have the right percentages of meat, organs and a bit of bone too - that can be chicken necks, for example (Raw!!) - that will make a balanced diet for your girl.... Raw is probably the best diets she can have, and a wonderful thing that she will eat that :nod: Definitely better than the ones offered by the vets.... including here.... and I can testify to that :nod:
I am in the process of transitioning all my cats to it, and it has been wonderful for them!! :bigthumb:

Why don't you take a look at the raw forum? The name of the diet is Frankerprey....
For now, as long as she eats, that's excellent! And she is eating good food - she will just need some balance soon :nod:

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww What a sweet sweet picture

And what a beautiful little girl you have

So, how is she doing today? Did the CS arrive?

I was holding back to let  you all know the outcome after I came back from vets.

I must say that yesterday after a vet visit (May was doing so badly in the morning) - I took a risk and took an action yesterday afternoon in using CS before vets.

Lady said all there is about the product and I was so very excited.

She brought whole five liters and charged us only $25!!!  I said - you are undercharging.  Well, she said it's new in this country and complementary therapy and we just try to help.

I asked her all the questions and it is definitely the true stuff no less than 500ppm and pure 100% silver used.  She has a special generator for it and she knew all I talk about.

She also is able to make it in different strength.

We flushed the wound together and...  well, she asked me to keep her updated on this.

Not to repeat myself it's what I wrote to her just now after coming back from vets:

Copying my email to her which states all in detail:

"Dear Odette

I’m very excited.  We held it till now to write to you because I wanted to also tell you what vets will say.

Here is what happened with May so far:  (of course you will have expected such a positive outcome as it is).

Yesterday after we flushed her wound together, I flushed it for the second time about 2 hours later and later still I soaked a large piece of cotton wool to cover her whole leg and held it against it for about 5 minutes (as long as she would put up with me holding her).

The heat rush at the back of her leg was almost gone even after a second flush, even though she was licking it after treatment.

In the evening I couldn’t believe my eyes seeing May’s behaviour.  She became alive almost within hours as she wasn’t for a very long time during her sickness.  She is back to her normal self, and if one could see no wound – one would never guess that she was sick.

So the start was so positive – it exceeded all my expectations.

Night did not bring any negative changes in her and she still eats and acts very well.

In the morning around 6 to 7am I flushed her wound again with CS, after which I took her to vets at 8:00am.

Now I’m back from vets and writing.

Just to say that yesterday morning Dr. Park saw and scraped and flushed with betadine a lot of necrotic tissue and some pus from that ‘pocket’ in a wound.  He was very worried and the temperature was 39.7 and May was quite listless in the morning.

He gave May her daily antibiotic and also Dexamethasone she was getting every second day for temperature and to make her eat.

He promised to speak to Karyn and that they would make a plan together.

Today Karyn said that Dr. Park suggested to cut her up again and try to do something else for the tissue to start closing up quicker – they are planning to get some strong stuff (forgot the name of it).

But after seeing the wound – Karyn said she doesn’t want to do it as yet.  The temperature was 39.2 which is always a bit elevated when we go to vets (May is not fond of that place, nor riding in cars).

I told Karyn what we did yesterday and also I brought some CS in a small bottle to them (I have sterilised bottle with boiled water and let it dry naturally before de-canting some CS into it).  Karyn flushed May’s  wound with it again and was impressed that there was no pus and not much of anything bad in that wound.  Well, I flushed if of course before going but even from the night time there was hardly anything bad in a wound apart from a bit of dirt (unfortunately I can’t stop her rolling in it).

Karyn called dr. Park and he saw the wound and he could not believe that it’s the same wound he saw yesterday.

I left the balance of SC in that small bottle for them to try on small scratches or so and the printouts.  They were very interested and impressed with a product and decided even to take her off antibiotic and dexamethasone.  (That was the main reason I took her in this morning – I’m not game really to take her of medications on my own).  So, it was done to everybody’s satisfaction, most of all May’s.

We all agreed that she must be off drugs now and I must only do the regular flushes with Colloidal Silver and I don’t have to bring her in unless I’m really worried with something.

I’ll see what happens over the long weekend, for we are a bit worried for her temperature (which kept persistently high for over a month) without drugs.

But now they want to give her another break from drugs and we put our hopes on Colloidal Silver.

If this won’t work out – then they will follow Dr. Park’s suggestion and having rested from drugs – she will be better off if another operation will be needed.

Karen also said that it is a very good idea that CS you gave me is not the strongest, because it seems to work as it is, just as you said.

I now would like to ask you this:  The old black dog you saw (she is 14 and is not extremely healthy).  Nothing serious, but flies are just eating on her ears and we used any possible ointments for flies, and she is very smelly though we use furminator on her and bath her every week with ‘happy hound’ shampoo for dogs.  But would CS help in any way?  Perhaps to soak her ears with it or even wipe or wet her fur with it?  Or perhaps give it tiny bit by mouth?  If you think it is a good idea – I would need another 10 lts?

Well, all in all so far is so good, we will keep you updated and THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for your kind help and God Bless.

Nadia and Peter.

PS:  Sorry if there are any grammar and spelling mistakes."

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nadia, this is fantastic news!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Yes, it will help with the dog too - I just wouldn't give it by mouth..... Just wipe the are clean and put some CS on it..... I use it and it works every time on me and my babies :clap::clap::clap:

About the fever - up to 39.4 in cats is considered normal temperature - of course, 39.4 is the high limit of normal..... But keep in mind, not only she is fighting an infection, but just the stress of going to the vet can elevate the temperature to a certain level..... If I were you, I would give it some time to see if the wound heals some more.

In cats, the lower the stress, the quicker they heal :nod:

This temperature doesn't concern me.....

Keep an eye on her behavior, make sure she eats, drinks and goes potty, keep her stress down, and keep treating the wound.... IMHO, that's what I would do for a few days....
IF she stops eating, becomes lethargic, changes her behavior, or get worst - then yes - take her to the vet immediately..... But while she is getting better..... I would just keep going :nod:

Last edited:

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep - that's it - the raw, untreated honey, just like you get from the bee hives -
You use it like you were doing your compresses...... But you use the honey instead..... But make sure it is from a farm that uses no pesticides....
Organic Raw Honey is one of the oldest antibiotics known to man, and has great healing power..... The use of raw honey as a compress 2x a day (and yes - with raw honey, you can (actually need to cover it so she doesn't lick it off) and colloidal silver, might help your girl a good deal

Read those links about it that I sent you - the one about the kitten that the foot was rotting, and the other one, that explains the properties as well....
Regular Honey will do nothing though - buy the pure, untreated deal

And don't let her lick it off otherwise she will have a bad case of the runs (diarrhea)
Thank you Carolina for this wonderful information - yet another natural possibility!

I am now looking for farms who sell raw honey and questioning them about pesticides.

I too believe that the combination of honey and SC will help in every way.

Will I need to used them separately or together no problem?  What would you say?

I will also speak about this with my vets.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Carolina for this wonderful information - yet another natural possibility!
I am now looking for farms who sell raw honey and questioning them about pesticides.

I too believe that the combination of honey and SC will help in every way.

Will I need to used them separately or together no problem?  What would you say?
I will also speak about this with my vets.

The honey you do compresses - you put it on, bandage it, then you need to put a collar on her..... leave her as long as you can.... you do treatments.... The collar is so she doesn't take the bandage off and licks the honey :nod: It is not toxic and it won't really harm her.... but it will give her diarrhea, and you want it there - you don't want her licking the wound either :nod: This is something that you can do as an overnight treatment, for example :nod:
The CS, you flush but you don't cover with CS alone - you do as you are doing it.....
Make sure to put enough honey so the compress doesn't stick.... Really slap the honey in there :nod:
That lady with the kitty with the rotting paw flushed the wound with CS, then applied honey, and bandaged.... and left in there :nod:
It worked very well.... Using both will not be a problem - just don't bandage her without the honey :nod:
I am a true believer in CS, so if this was my kitty in your situation.... Personally (and not saying this is what you should do) - what I would do is honey at night and CS at day time - so I would get the best of both Worlds :nod:
Asking your vet is always a good idea - he probably knows about it :nod:
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
This might be a good diet for her - if you mix with some bone and organs - you can buy meat at the butchers and dice it at home..... but you have to have the right percentages of meat, organs and a bit of bone too - that can be chicken necks, for example (Raw!!) - that will make a balanced diet for your girl.... Raw is probably the best diets she can have, and a wonderful thing that she will eat that
Definitely better than the ones offered by the vets.... including here.... and I can testify to that

I am in the process of transitioning all my cats to it, and it has been wonderful for them!!

Why don't you take a look at the raw forum? The name of the diet is Frankerprey....
For now, as long as she eats, that's excellent! And she is eating good food - she will just need some balance soon
Yes, raw diet works for us.

I will definitely go to the 'RAW forums' and read.  I read a lot on a web - every little bit of advice counts great deal to me.

I raised them on raw, because I have researched a lot even before getting to adopt the first kitty (which was May).

And I missed the message with your links until now.  Thank you very much!  I saved them now to my favourites and will read them ASAP!

Below: There is a lot to read in the given link to my blog with google - but it is in detail how I fed and feed them from what is available here in Zim:    

http://felinemagic.blogspot.com/2011/07/for-all-who-love-and-care-about-cats.html

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hun, I am going to bed now, as it is almost 3:30 am now, and I need to feed the kitties on schedule tomorrow as they are eating the raw meat goodness now! :clap::clap::clap:
Can you do me a big favor and keep me posted on what's going on with your girl throughout the day?
I will check as soon as I wake up!
:hugs: and MONSTER :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: your and May's way!!:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can start a thread about it on the raw forum - there is a member here who knows a LOT about it - her member's name is Auntie Crazy - you can also pm her..... She will help you with the diet, right ratios, balancing, etc, to make it easy to get what you need in there in Zimbabwe so you feed her a balanced, wonderful diet that's both GREAT for her and you :clap::clap::clap::clap: Great news is that she already eats and loves it :clap::clap::clap::clap:
:hugs:

Last edited:

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
Hun, I am going to bed now, as it is almost 3:30 am now, and I need to feed the kitties on schedule tomorrow as they are eating the raw meat goodness now!

Can you do me a big favor and keep me posted on what's going on with your girl throughout the day?
I will check as soon as I wake up!
and MONSTER
your and May's way!!

My goodness!  I hope your computer doesn't beep to wake you up on any message!!!  I can't believe you stay up so late!

It's 11:32am right now in Zimbabwe.  Hmmm - I missed going to work again - need to offer May the freshest food every couple of hours!

By now it's just my choice to be safe than sorry.  She is doing quite well right now.

Please only answer when it suites you and thank you so much for your support Carolina!!!

And definitely I will keep you posted.

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
You can start a thread about it on the raw forum - there is a member here who knows a LOT about it - her member's name is Auntie Crazy - you can also pm her..... She will help you with the diet, right ratios, balancing, etc, to make it easy to get what you need in there in Zimbabwe so you feed her a balanced, wonderful diet that's both GREAT for her and you
Great news is that she already eats and loves it

I'm a bit shy and hesitant to bother others with PMs, but yes, I'll keep it in mind and will NOT miss the opportunity if May will not resume eating everything in her provided diet soon.

Thank you so much once again for being there for me more than any friend was!!!

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
Nadia, this is fantastic news!!!

Yes, it will help with the dog too - I just wouldn't give it by mouth..... Just wipe the are clean and put some CS on it..... I use it and it works every time on me and my babies

About the fever - up to 39.4 in cats is considered normal temperature - of course, 39.4 is the high limit of normal..... But keep in mind, not only she is fighting an infection, but just the stress of going to the vet can elevate the temperature to a certain level..... If I were you, I would give it some time to see if the wound heals some more.

In cats, the lower the stress, the quicker they heal

This temperature doesn't concern me.....

Keep an eye on her behavior, make sure she eats, drinks and goes potty, keep her stress down, and keep treating the wound.... IMHO, that's what I would do for a few days....
IF she stops eating, becomes lethargic, changes her behavior, or get worst - then yes - take her to the vet immediately..... But while she is getting better..... I would just keep going

Oh, Carolina, you just said it all.  I agree with all this.

I will do EXACTLY like that.  Even my vets agreed with it.

I'm still looking for raw honey though, just in-case.

One farm I contacted do use a lot of pesticides, and the other one is using some but also a very potent rat kill (??? - not sure how rats can affect bees).

Well, there are more farms to contact.

I'll do anything and everything for little May.  After all she healed me from my terrible neck pains some couple of years ago and alerted me to my husband's problems in a night not a year ago after he had a full knee replacement operation (he is a heart patient too).

Never mind all that though - I'd do all this for any of my other kitties too.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Carolina, you just said it all.  I agree with all this.
I will do EXACTLY like that.  Even my vets agreed with it.

I'm still looking for raw honey though, just in-case.
One farm I contacted do use a lot of pesticides, and the other one is using some but also a very potent rat kill (??? - not sure how rats can affect bees).

Well, there are more farms to contact.

I'll do anything and everything for little May.  After all she healed me from my terrible neck pains some couple of years ago and alerted me to my husband's problems in a night not a year ago after he had a full knee replacement operation (he is a heart patient too).
Never mind all that though - I'd do all this for any of my other kitties too.
She is very very lucky to have you and Hubby as mommy and dad :hugs: :heart3:
I will keep sending you three my strongest vibes all the way from here :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Nadia, how is little May doing?
I am going to bed now, but will be waiting for an update from you..... please let me know, ok?
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
:hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.