Collars similar to Beastie Bands

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After I had adopted Delilah, I got her different collars, finally settling on beastie band. No problems with it. She wears a bell so I know where she is.

So when I adopted Fancy, I got her one too. Apparently they changed the rivet where you can put a tag or a bell.

20220218_210155.jpg

The first one is the one I got for Fancy while the second is Delilah's.

That rivet irritated Fancy's neck so much that she licked off a 2 inch long by 1 inch wide area of fur on her neck and I had to take the collar off.

Now Fancy's neck is back to normal. I could leave her without a collar BUT she has gotten under my feet without me knowing where she was AND I nearly stepped on her paws twice.

She needs a collar and a bell so I have a better idea where she is.

I went into a local store that carries the beastie bands. All of them had rivets like the one that hurt her neck before.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a soft breakaway collar that can have a bell?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After I had adopted Delilah, I got her different collars, finally settling on beastie band. No problems with it. She wears a bell so I know where she is.

So when I adopted Fancy, I got her one too. Apparently they changed the rivet where you can put a tag or a bell.

View attachment 411323

The first one is the one I got for Fancy while the second is Delilah's.

That rivet irritated Fancy's neck so much that she licked off a 2 inch long by 1 inch wide area of fur on her neck and I had to take the collar off.

Now Fancy's neck is back to normal. I could leave her without a collar BUT she has gotten under my feet without me knowing where she was AND I nearly stepped on her paws twice.

She needs a collar and a bell so I have a better idea where she is.

I went into a local store that carries the beastie bands. All of them had rivets like the one that hurt her neck before.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a soft breakaway collar that can have a bell?
Can you put some soft tape or something over the rivet? Merlin was wearing a bb with id in case he escaped because I did not chip him yet. But one day he got it caught in his mouth somehow while washing and he was in a panic so I took it off for good. It is too bad because beastie bands were the only collars I trusted.

You could also remove the rivet and just use the hole itself. It would probably hold up ok.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, a bit of velcro or cloth tape over the rivet would work, or you can take pliers and squish the edges down more so they don't touch her neck. It looks like that's what happened with the old vs new---not squished down enough.

It probably also wouldn't hurt to shoot an email off to the company. They'll never be able to improve without customer feedback.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I went to a store that had a large selection of beastie bands. All the ones I looked at had the same style rivet as the white one. The one I have on Delilah has a different style rivet. The ones in store were affixed better but I think I'm too paranoid now that Fancy's longer fur will get caught.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a store that had a large selection of beastie bands. All the ones I looked at had the same style rivet as the white one. The one I have on Delilah has a different style rivet. The ones in store were affixed better but I think I'm too paranoid now that Fancy's longer fur will get caught.
If you can get one from the store which is flatter I would try that. I doubt it will get caught in her fur.