Cold Weather comfort food

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade soups, chile made both of those Thursday this week, nice big pot roast, homemade chicken and dumplings, fresh baked bread
Oh now I have to go find something to eat I made myself hungrey

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh we're big into Chili in the winter time. Also love making a beef roast with carrots and potatoes, actually had that last night, oh yummy yummy yummy!!!!!! Also will do the cook a ham one night then make a 15 bean soup with ham chunks leftovers the next night.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crockpot turkey chili is a big one in my house. Also rotisserie chicken--I have one of those george foreman rotisserie machines. I love mac and cheese as well but can't eat too much of it or I'll

I also like to make potato and leek soup, chicken soup with orzo, or pasta fagioli.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Crockpot turkey chili is a big one in my house. Also rotisserie chicken--I have one of those george foreman rotisserie machines. I love mac and cheese as well but can't eat too much of it or I'll

I also like to make potato and leek soup, chicken soup with orzo, or pasta fagioli.
Oh I Love potato leek soup, I haven't had that forever
I have a George Forman grill, I don't like it because it squeezes all the fat out of the meat, didn't realize that's what it's suppose to do
I like little bit of fat that way it isn't so dry

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the ultimate cold weather/winter comfort food is Roast Turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and all the rest of the trimmings. For normal days, homemade chicken noodle & dumpling soup.