Cold sores???

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a friend who had cold sores so bad that they were inside her throat, too. She tried L-Lysine, and it worked wonders. Have your hubby start taking it...he can pick it up at a health food store, and they can advise him of the dose. I've never heard of putting the powder on the sore, just of taking the pills. It works as a cure and a preventative!

Garfield has feline herpes, so I keep it on hand for him.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I had a friend who had cold sores so bad that they were inside her throat, too. She tried L-Lysine, and it worked wonders. Have your hubby start taking it...he can pick it up at a health food store, and they can advise him of the dose. I've never heard of putting the powder on the sore, just of taking the pills. It works as a cure and a preventative!

Garfield has feline herpes, so I keep it on hand for him.
Yep, if I get REALLY stressed, I get them in my throat as well as my mouth, too. I know how your friend feels. I've only had it happen that badly twice in my life, and hopefully never again...that's so painful, and it's SO hard to eat like that! I wound up losing weight both times from not eating enough.

Oh, cool...didn't know you could give it to cats...I'll remember that.