cold kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
True, but at this point of his age, bloodwork is an option now that he is older.

I know I keep saying this but I guess I just need to know that you do understand, there is really something wrong with his health, probably deadly.

It might be his heart, it could be his digestive system, it may be what Paris had that was so hard to diagnose, by the time she was diagnosed it was too late, lost her at 5 months, weighing 1 lb 4 oz., she had hyperparathyroidism.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaybellee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is so hard because im doing everything i can and it just doesn't seem to be working, he isnt lethargic or in stress or pain though
His a happy little kitten
I will take him back to the vet today and see if they will run some tests to find out exactly what is the problem

kaybellee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And i completely understand that i can do all that is in my power and he might not make it i know and ive accepted it since the day he was born due to how tiny he was then

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course it is, nothing more discouraging then giving it your best and getting nowhere.

I have fostered countless kittens, enormous numbers, but Paris I keep relating to because, despite all of my knowledge, efforts and resources, I just could not save her.

Not a good feeling, we get so darn attached, in fact when Paris died, my husband, who was so attached to her, just didn't want any more kittens for a while, although we lost more that summer too, from panleukopenia (kitten parvo) so Paris put us over the edge.

I keep saying about him having something seriously wrong because I am trying to prepare you basically.

I don't know how long he will be alive, unless by some miracle something is found in the blood work and can be fixed.

But if so, it needs to be now if there's any chance at all. It very well may be too late as it is. He started out tiny too, Paris was the runt but at least had some body weight to her, just waaay behind, which got worse and worse.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And i completely understand that i can do all that is in my power and he might not make it i know and ive accepted it since the day he was born due to how tiny he was then
Okay, I'm glad to know that you are well aware, it will be a heartbreaker for sure. But at least you are able to give him love and care, for now.

Make his little life have meaning.

kaybellee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ill be seeing the vet in a few hours so ill update you all after i see the vet and find out what he will do

kaybellee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He just took some wet kitten food that i had mushed up and added a tiny bit of warm water
He ate it off the spoon, should i alternate bottle feeding and kitten food now that he will take it?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You should mix the kitten food with formula to make a mush, and offer him this first at every meal. When he's had his fill, then offer the bottle. Do you also feed him through the night? He needs it. Did the vet take blood to run a panel?

He's an adorable little kitten! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He just took some wet kitten food that i had mushed up and added a tiny bit of warm water
He ate it off the spoon, should i alternate bottle feeding and kitten food now that he will take it?
I would give him as much food as he'll eat. Maybe even leaving out kitten dry food all the time?

kaybellee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got up last night to feed him during the night and he wouldnt wake up..
He didnt make it :(

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs: I'm so sorry! You were very good to this baby and you tried so hard!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Aw.  I've been following this thread and so hoped the little guy would make it.  You really made a heroic effort.  I'm so very sorry.  

Status
Not open for further replies.