CoCo's kittens! Part II

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amanda is lured back again and again by that kitty magnetism!

Stay on the couch or get a laptop, girl! Get better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my foster agency, all the kitties live in someone's home. That person gets final say on the adoptions. You can insist on two staying together, or turn people down because you get a bad feeling, or their kids are naughty, or whatever!

I would like Red and Blue to go together, but not so much because they are so stuck on each other. Blue loves Festie, if I wanted what was best for Blue and Festie, I would keep Blue here! But if I find a really special person who will keep taming Red and accept her for her shy self, I will be glad to let her go. And sometimes people do take siblings, or even look alikes from different litters!

But Thomas and Jefferson are in a multicat household, yet are always together. For them, they should go together.

Gotta go see if Midnight will take a bottle feeding, or if his Momma already filled him up! LOL!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amanda is lured back again and again by that kitty magnetism!

Stay on the couch or get a laptop, girl! Get better!
I've done about as much napping and TV watching as I can stand today... Monday through Thursday were fine because the SciFi channel had a Seaquest DSV marathon running 8-5 each day... but they finished and had somethign else today... nothing I wanted to watch.

My friend thinks it could be a sinus infection. Since i don't have insurance, going to the Doc for myself is always a last resort. If my voice isn't back and my head and throat aren't better by Monday, it's to the Doctor I go. By the it'll be 8 days. I'm improving... slowly. My nose isn't AS stuffed anymore.

I'm going to keep these fuzzy babies on my mind and and decide what to do. I have lots of things running races through my head right now... I am really disappointed in the lady from my hardware store. She told me she'd definitely let me have one of her kittens... I was so excited, I went and bought a box of kitten chow (for temporary means) and it still sits unopened. I have no clue what she's doing. At this point I'm not sure i want to know. She's one of those BYB's i read about elsewhere here in TCS. Next time I see her I'm going to have to behave and not yell at her. She needs to get both her male and female fixed. Period. She's irresponsible.

Okay... enough with my being all pissy. my ears feel like they need to pop and they won't. They've felt this way all week... it's driving me nuts.

On a positive note... i self-weighed jack again tonight... I think he's at 10 pounds... he's definitely getting heavier... I'm so happy. He was playing hide and seek this morning with me... too bad his tail stuck out from under the curtain... silly boy. he did that again this evening.

Amanda

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, 10 lb, thats pretty big! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Do you take echinacea? I used to work for a doc that did alternative medicine, and he recommended people take echinacea for two weeks on and two weeks off to boost their immune system. He said it was to boost the immunity, so it was not good to take it all the time.

I have been taking it lately when I start coming down with a cold or flu, and it seems to really shorten the illness. And of course lots of vitamin c-eat your oranges!

Remember, if you go into the situation with the kittens from the store in anger, you will get nowhere. Try to approach them with a common ground, the love of cats. Let them know where they can get the speuters done cheap. I've read some good posts on this lately, probably in the pregnant cat forum or the strays and ferals.

Until now, Midnight has taken one ounce of formula, and been done. Tonight when I entered the room, he cried at me. Then proceeded to drink the full 2 ounces I had mixed up for him, and I think he would have taken more! Silly baby! Hopefully that means he is getting a little stronger. The sneezes are truly no worse, and possibly better. I have seen no boogies sneezed out today.

And we have eye goops on two babies, Midnight and the calico Rosie-wanna-be girl. His is almost gone, and hers is starting to improve.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These kittens are such lapcats. I go into their room and sit down, and they are crawling all over me! The tuxie and tabby boys were wrestling and playing...then suddenly the tabby was sound asleep, with his little paws twitching...I'm sure he was dreaming that he was winning the fight! LOL!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/...abbyasleep.jpg

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, i wish i could take them all... the tabby's face is adorable...

Well, I'm feeling better... my ears have stopped hurting so d*** much. I didn't want to stay up until midnight (between fireworks and friends texting me on my cell phone... I ended up turning off the phone) but ended up being wide awake until somewhere around 12:30. Then I had a nice coughing fit at 3:30 and got up to take more robitussin (nyquil isn't working this time). so now it's just the coughing... my equilibrium is still a little off, but hopefully it'll improve. Oh yeah, I still have no voice. I hope it's not laryngitis... again. Of course, that's all more info than ya'll needed to know...

I finally got a response from my friend who loves black kitties... she loves Red & Blue (I sent her a pic) but can't fit any more in her current place. She's hopign to move in the spring, but is unsure. Here's hoping Red and Blue get a home soon. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed to adopt the Cali and the Tuxie.. at least one... if not both.

Amanda

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I finally got a response from my friend who loves black kitties... she loves Red & Blue (I sent her a pic) but can't fit any more in her current place. She's hopign to move in the spring, but is unsure. Here's hoping Red and Blue get a home soon. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed to adopt the Cali and the Tuxie.. at least one... if not both.

Amanda
Well, yesterday 10 y/o dd decided to join 4-H, and work with cats. So she is going to keep Red, and work really hard at taming her. DD is the kid who is a catlady in training, in fact, she fed Midnight his bottle this morning, because I was running behind getting ready for church. (Maybe should have gone to bed a little earlier last night, instead of staying up posting baby pics? LOL!)

So Red, who will be renamed, is staying here. That is probably best for her, as she has a very cautious streak. Although she has come a long way, the idea of adopting her out really concerned me. I think Blue is a lot tamer, and probably will handle being rehomed easily. And she is just what people want, a kitty who will jump into your lap for loving (especially if you are eating!)

I hope keep feeling a little better everyday!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JoJo was really cautious and shy with me for months. Neither of them like strangers very much. But Jack will come out and approach a person after a little while, if that person is calm. JoJo stays in hiding. But for months she wouldn't even let me near her, even though she let me pet her at the shelter. Now, after so much time, she's my lapcat, snugglebug, bedcat... you name it.

She's Alpha Cat in this house, so she gets the lap first. I actually just had to literally shove her off my legs, because they were getting numb from being in an awkward position. After I shifted my weight and she'd slunk off to the kitty-cubes, Jack came out of the bedroom and curled up on my lap. Of course, then I coughed and he bolted. He's skittish with sudden noises. I need to get more Feliway. I saw it a couple weeks ago and it didn't make sense to me. The initial plug-in kit was on sale for 25... and the refill was regular price for 25. If you put the starter kit on sale, put the refills on sale too... I almost bought a refill, but looked at how much was in my cart
and opted not to. Maybe next time...

Almost feeding time for the fuzzy moochers of the house... better go put my shackles on and be the slave-human that I am.

Amanda

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the link to my post about the little black kittens. I had almost forgotten how very wild they were at first. I am so proud of their progress. Really, Blue will be a great lap cat for someone. And the other baby can stay here. She will be a great pet cat, but whether she will be a lovebug for everyone is doubtful. But she is not terrified of us, just very shy.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70532