Coconut Oil!

chromecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Felipe happens to have some dried poop stuck to his bottom (not the hair around it, the actual bottom), this happens maybe every 10 days or so, when his poop is a bit softer. I tried to clean him with some wet toilet paper but he won't stand still (obviously, poor thing), so I am thinking to try to massage the part with some coconut oil, and hopefully that will prompt him to lick properly.

Is it safe? The one I have is Tropicana Virgin Coconut Oil + Kernel coat, ingredients just say:
Organic cold pressed virgin coconut, safe to eat and drink (for humans, I guess).

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a longer hair cat, dirty britches do happen sometimes :( there are wet cat wipes you can buy at walmart, or the pet store. they help for little issues, and a cat will get use to a little help from you now and again. Otherwise the only thing i have found to work is a quick booty bath in the tub. doesnt need to be a full body bath, just booty :) fill the tub with enough warm water to hit that area on him, if you do not have cat shampoo the old blue dawn dish soap will work, as will just warm water. Good luck.