Coco keeps throwing the Cefa Drops up

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give her the Cefa then less then 10 Minutes later she throw up. She did this with Clavamox and we had to switch Antibiotics. Now the same thing is happening with this Med.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to talk to the Vet. She was fine with this Antibiotic before but it was a lower dose. The Clavamox she was ok with then started getting sick everytime. She is Allergic to so many things and throwing up is a side effect of the Meds.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
is she taking the meds with food in her stomach? Many antibiotics in cats can cause them to vomit if its on an empty stomach.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We did try food with the Clavamox and she still got sick. I will try a Can with the cefa tonight.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might ask the vet whether giving Pepcid AC before the antibiotics would be helpful--I don't know whether it would, but the vet should know if it'll help. Also, you may want to ask about injectable antibiotics, as they may be able to help since they don't go through the digestive tract. Some cats are just allergic to the medications though, and it may take trying several to find one that works. Spot couldn't tolerate any antibiotic except Baytril.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Vet said Baytril is our next choice. I have been giving her Can Food with the Med the last few days and so far she hasnt barfed.