Coco has a Uri now and her face is a mess

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anyway I can stop her from swallowing the stuff she sneezes out. I wiped her face off but she just sneezes and coughs more out. She has cephalexin. This is a bad Cold like the one she had in 2005. It started with her Asthma acting up last week. How long will the Cold and Sneezing last?

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I assume Cephalexin is an Antibiotic? My cats get URI's quite often and I've never heard of that antibiotic before. If so, you should be starting to see an improvement in 3-4 days after starting it. If there is no improvement, I would ask your vet to change the antibiotic. Sometimes it takes trying a few different antibiotics before you find one that kicks it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You,
It is a Antibiotic. She is on that one because Clavamox makes her Sick. The Vet said if it dosent help she will give another Med. She has had this Med before for a Uri and a Bladder Infection.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ask your Vet for Zithromax or the generic equivlant. It's a bit pricey, but you'll likely see a big improvement after the first 24 hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will talk to them if this Med dosent work. I think its helping. That sounds like the Med that was talking about if this dosent help.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww! Poor thing! We just went through an URI with out kitty and her slinging snotty sneezing stopped a few days after starting the antibiotic. She's still slightly snotty and she's still sneezing, but it's much, much better and her sneezing is greatly reduced.

I would think within 4 days you should see an improvement. Until then, keep wiping it off with a warm cloth.

Stephanie