CLYDE: my baby and friend

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:angel: yes, Heaven cares! Sometimes, the only thing that can fill a cat-shaped hole in one's heart is another cat. Thank you for the update - most of the views on these posts are from shy "lurkers" who, reading the wise and kind words written in these threads, will find comfort, wisdom, and hopefully, the courage to love again and rescue another cat (s) in need - thus, our Rainbow Bridge pets are honored. Weasley was indeed Heaven sent and angel-guarded, when his path led to you :catrub:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about Clyde. He was sooo beautiful!!! That face!!
Maybe once you grieve you can find another kittie. My Callie is a 20 lb
half Calico half Maine coon and loves to have her belly rubbed. My Vincie
loves to be carried around like a baby.

Again I am so very sorry. I lost my Kirsten last October; a lot of us here
know what it is like to lose a baby.

Hugs,

Mia

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We all know that pain all too well. It horrifying to know that your animal is in pain or suffering and there is nothing that you can do to help. I know about FIP. I will never be convinced that my Meela actually had it and I didn't want to do the testing after she passed to confirm it because she didn't have all the signs and the doctor said she had 2 of 4 symptoms, rather than the 3 of 4 like he originally stated. There was too much of a rush with my Meela, mostly because she had a fever that spiked every so often and they just didn't know what was wrong with her, so they blamed FIP. They switched her antibiotics 3 times in 10 days so I don't think it actually got the kick it needed to help her. My story is excruciating to read. It was a horrible, unimaginable struggle. She went to the vet originally for what I thought was a miscarriage. From that day on everything spiraled, leading me to put her down, which I will ALWAYS regret. I will never be able to justify what I did or forgive the vet for letting me do it when I wasn't in my right mind. I miss her terribly and found myself crying like a baby yesterday over her.

Seeing a post like yours makes me realize that this pain is never going to really go away. It's always going to be there ready to strike my emotions.

I am so sorry for what you went through. It's just not fair and none of us should ever have to be exposed to this kind of pain.