Clumping cat litter queastion.

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hmm they still sell it in petsmart here

i bought a bag to try out, but ill probly wind up going back to special kitty.

princess kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

I have never tried a clumping cat litter. Anytime I price it its very expensive.I have 5 cats and 3 cat boxes.I have always bought the cheapy wal mart brand cat litter. One bag fills 3 boxes $2.22 a bag . I dump each box each night rinse and refill.Often the 1 box in the cellar can go two days.I have no idea whats so special about clumping litter? If I dump every day it would be awfull expensive right?
So my understanding is that the clumping can go a week or more without dumping it and refilling it? I would think that all the urine would make it awfull messy and stinky in a few days. I guess I'm just rambling. I should buy a bag and see what its like.How often should I wait to do a complete clean out with 5 cats. And I read other post about the perfumey smell. I can not stand a perfumey cat litter smell.The cats fur seem to absorb that smell...I have tried perfumed non clumping litter and I hated it.
I absolutely love scoopable cat litter! It's the best thing they invented for cats!
I use scoop away brand and it works good for me, all of the urine and other stuff clumps up in a ball that you can scoop right out and leave fresh clean litter behind, then you add more as needed. It keeps the pan fresh smelling too. Regular cat litter is a lot more work. Scoop away, you don't have to empty everyday, only scoop the balls out every day.

josephines

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love Swheat Scoop. Who would've thought that it would clump so well? It clumped better than some clay litter I used to use. Plus this stuff is flushable so it's really excellent. A bit pricey, but I'm not dumping this stuff all the time - maybe once a month.

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are there any other flushable kitty litter aside from WBCL and Swheat Scoop? We've been using WBCL and dh keeps wanting to try other brands to cut cost.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hobbester

Are there any other flushable kitty litter aside from WBCL and Swheat Scoop? We've been using WBCL and dh keeps wanting to try other brands to cut cost.
Arm & Hammer makes one, Easy Flush. Haven't tried it yet myself, however. Also, not sure of the price compared to Worlds Best and Swheat.