Clover

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well today I still had no word of Bob. I was a bit depressed about it. My boss Jim talked me into going to Petsmart to see what was happening there. He needed some stuff for his fish anyway.

I went and looked to see if anyone was adopting out cats and almost turned away when I saw "Tallahassee Big Dog Rescue" on a sign. Then I heard someones child say "OOOh lookit tha pretty kitties!"

I was doomed.
He's a 6month old male silver tabby. Healthy, neutered, vaccinated, and very playful. He is chipped, and has shiny blue tags to match his new blue collar. Although at the moment he's only interested in the kitty fishing pole I bought him. We are taking it easy with his getting to know me. His foster mom says he very lovey, but has had a VERY bad day being at petsmart. He doesn't like it there AT ALL. He seems to be settling down pretty quickly though in spite of the unfamiliar surroundings.

His Mother's name is Lilly. Lilly was found at a foreclosure listing in Woodville. Her kittens were born 4 days later. All 4 of the others are healthy and all but his really cute sister have been adopted. I'm sure she will get a home soon too.

Pictures soon. I'm waiting for him to emerge from under the bed for more than a min.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
He sounds adorable. I can hardly wait for the pictures. I'm sure he will be into everything after he calms down from his day at PetsMart. Congratulations.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you adopted a rescue kitty! I went to Petco to try to get Sugartoes adopted. Not only wasn't she chosen, but we had NO ADOPTIONS! And so many cute kittens! Well, better luck next week...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations...he is a very lucky kitty.
Do you have a name for him yet?

One question..."What about Bob?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I kinda like the name Clover. It suits him. He has a very sweet and expressive voice. And he's lighter between his stripes that he seems in the pic. His eyes have a strong greenish cast too. Clover works for me.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's beautiful & his face is just adorable. Clover is a great name for him.

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Congratulations...he is a very lucky kitty.
Do you have a name for him yet?

One question..."What about Bob?
They never called about Bob. I really wonder if they will. LCHS seemed annoyed that I was even trying to contact them. I wonder if maybe his foster decided to keep him?

If they call now it will mess with me. I can't take in two. But a lot of little things happened tonight that made me think Bob might not be destined to be my kitty. I really hope I made the right decision...

This little kittys name said Clover on his papers. It's imaginatve and suits him well I think.

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The poor little guy just freaked himself out. He saw his own reflection in the glass at the base of my TV stand. Now he's back under the bed again, after having a hissy fit at himself.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Babies are so cute! Clover is a very nice name. I think he is gorgeous! Welcome to TCS, Clover!

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I'm so glad you adopted a rescue kitty! I went to Petco to try to get Sugartoes adopted. Not only wasn't she chosen, but we had NO ADOPTIONS! And so many cute kittens! Well, better luck next week...
That's just heartbreaking! Was there even a possible reason for it? bad weather or a local game?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WHAT a SWEEEEEEEETIE!
Cuter than possible, and he looks like he has character to BURN!

I kinda like "Clover", too -- unusual, and given that clover is fresh and sweet...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We will just have to pray that Bob has what he needs to thrive.
You tried hard to make it happen, but it was not to be.

All this time, I think that Clover was destined to be your kitty.
He will calm down after a few days & become the love of your life.

I am so happy for you.

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zak&rocky

Too bad you don't have a cat named Crimson... Over and over.

He's a cutie!
Now now. This isn't a political kitty.