Closure/trying To Move Forward

Camillep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boyfriend and I recently lost our beloved kitty, Peach, to a suspected liver failure. While visiting the vet today to pick up her things (we were out of town when she passed), he was able to discuss her passing with the vet who cared for her. Long story short, the vet is confident that our sweet Peach contracted dry FIP. We are taking comfort in the thought that there wasn’t really anything else we could have done, and that we would have only prolonged the inevitable. Our decision to end her suffering humanely is not one we regret in the slightest. Because of the sudden nature of her passing, we are both eager to introduce a new kitty into our lives to shower with love just as we did with Peach while she is with us. As of now, we are set to meet a sweet kitten on Thursday. Both of us are so excited to welcome her home, and feel that having her around will help us heal after losing our Peach. I miss her so much, and only wish I could have another chance to kiss her nose and tell her how much I love her. I think we are coping in a healthy way, but I can’t stop doubting how things all ended, as if anything could have been done differently. She was so good and it is bittersweet preparing for a new kitty. It was only a short time ago that we were preparing to welcome Peachy home.

littlesoprano

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss! Its tough, but know that in the end that its the most loving and heartfelt decision you can make to let your Peach go in peace surrounded by those who loved her the most.

We lost our beloved cat of 22 years, Starlina, a few weeks back, and it was absolutely heartbreaking. I felt guilty for wanting to bring home another cat (and we ended up with two LOL), but I know, and I'm sure Peach feels the same way, that Starlina would've wanted us to open our hearts to more cats in need of a home in her memory. It also helped me move on immensely having two kittens, especially one who is fighting a URI, that needed love and attention.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Camillep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boyfriend and I recently lost our beloved kitty, Peach, to a suspected liver failure. While visiting the vet today to pick up her things (we were out of town when she passed), he was able to discuss her passing with the vet who cared for her. Long story short, the vet is confident that our sweet Peach contracted dry FIP. We are taking comfort in the thought that there wasn’t really anything else we could have done, and that we would have only prolonged the inevitable. Our decision to end her suffering humanely is not one we regret in the slightest. Because of the sudden nature of her passing, we are both eager to introduce a new kitty into our lives to shower with love just as we did with Peach while she is with us. As of now, we are set to meet a sweet kitten on Thursday. Both of us are so excited to welcome her home, and feel that having her around will help us heal after losing our Peach. I miss her so much, and only wish I could have another chance to kiss her nose and tell her how much I love her. I think we are coping in a healthy way, but I can’t stop doubting how things all ended, as if anything could have been done differently. She was so good and it is bittersweet preparing for a new kitty. It was only a short time ago that we were preparing to welcome Peachy home.
I just took her collar out of her carrier. I was so unprepared for how sad it makes me. Seeing the little wear marks on her tag and the sound of the bell hurts so much.

littlesoprano

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just took her collar out of her carrier. I was so unprepared for how sad it makes me. Seeing the little wear marks on her tag and the sound of the bell hurts so much.
Hang in there. I know that’s easier said than done. You will wake up one morning and all of a sudden it gets better. You will start laughing and smiling at all of your memories of her life instead of dwelling on those last moments.
I was a total mess for almost a week, inconsolable. Luckily I had my Possy but she would go through the house at night crying out for her playmate. I wasn’t particularly close to Starlina as she was my boyfriends cat but I was amazed at the cat shaped hole she left in my heart. By the end of that week, to my surprise I felt a lot better. It might be a week or it might be months, but before you know it you will be laughing and smiling at the thought of her.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you both lost your sweet kitties from the last posts, but you did the right albeit difficult thing. So so sad as we know, it hurts so badly that you too feel like you will die and really don't care if you do, but you will get the chance to kiss her nose and tell her that you love her again down the line when you meet again and it will be just wonderful!

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Peach, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Peach will never leave you, you know. Love does not die. It changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. And she will welcome this new baby, knowing that those of us who still wear our flesh need that physical presence so much.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your precious Peach would be the last one to to want you to have these feelings for something you had no part in, no intention or foreseeing it would happen. Love is like that. You would want those you love to go into the future with fond memories and love in their hearts if you were the first to go, she wants no different for the ones she loves. To pass on her legacy of love by sharing it with another is what should be done, it honors her name and displays that she showed you what a cat's love can bring, happiness and joy, and that you want to continue that legacy, not to banish it because of eventual hurt. You are allowing that love she left you to grow, to spread beyond that time in your life you spent with her, to bring joy back into the sadness that is left behind with her passing.
The bond you have with her can never be taken from you, "Death cannot take that which never dies", the love you shared and will always carry in your heart. Let your memories bring you comfort, and send her thoughts of happiness and the little things in your day that remind you of her, it will bring her peace and the reminder that although she cannot be there in body, she will be always near in spirit. The 'essence' of that sweet girl just does not disappear, it is spiritual, so eternal. Take care, I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, I know in my heart she is joining you in your joy of starting a new journey in your life, and she will be there to share in that joy and rejoice taht she taught you so well......RIP precious Peach. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!