Close encounter with a nuthatch

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm near Chicago. Saw that it is crows coming for the TOTW. They have to eat, too. I'm a couple blocks from a river with lots of woods. So there is lots of wildlife. No chance of getting a feeder up now. Too much snow.

I think the encounter with the nuthatch was very cool! You're a bird whisperer now.

Long ago, when floating on a raft on the Big Blackfoot River in Montana, a hummingbird landed on my head twice! It was a strange feeling. I was wearing an orange lifevest. People said it was a lucky sign.

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

This reminds me of one time when I was a teenager. I was laying out in the back yard to get some sun. I had on flowered patterned bathing suit. I heard what sounded like the biggest bee (I HATE bees) and opened my eyes to find a hummingbird hovering over my chest. He kept looking at my chest (bright red flowers) to my face and back again, then finally decided I wasn't edible and zoomed away. The whole encounter was probably 10 seconds but I will never forget that! It was brief but magical.
They are attracted to the color red... look at hummingbird feeders... they are largely red in color.